[REMOVE ADS]

Motown Records Success Due Largely to Family Berry Gordy Born Into

Nice video with some great photos.

An amazing family. Mom and Pops Gordy did a great job in raising a successful family.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    An amazing family. Mom and Pops Gordy did a great job in raising a successful family.
    Pops bio. gives a fly-on-the-wall look at the early days of the Gordy dynasty. Check it out!

Thanks for locating this very interesting and informative video. First one of the series I have seen. I wish that she would do some similar videos on the great artists that recorded for Motown. She is only tipping the surface of what could be presented.

I had wanted to subscribe to the Black History Channel, but was unable to figure out how to do it. There might be some great ones in the near future.

I watched this video last night but was thinking about it today.....it makes me want to praise Esther Edwards even more for her foresight in establishing the Motown Museum and preserving what she did at a time when the future of Hitsville USA really could have went either way. Can you imagine the only tangible link to Berry Gordy's past in Detroit might only have been his elementary school? It very well could have been the case today had it not been for Mrs. Edwards. If you think about it, the majority of the places in Detroit important to the history of Berry Gordy's life and his establishing of Motown Records are gone! It also shows how important it is to support the museum. If you are not already a member, I would highly suggest becoming one.
    Darin