[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    She always had nothing but good things to say about Julio. I do think she was genuinely intimidated by him. I met him when both he and Diana were guests on the Des O'Connor show one Christmas.
    All i shall say is he would NOT get away with some of his behaviour today.
    I read he was "hands on " in a bad way in La Toya's Jacksons first autobiography

Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    I read he was "hands on " in a bad way in La Toya's Jacksons first autobiography
    He was most certainly "hands on" in a very bad way. I really do not know what Ms Ross saw in him.

He was most certainly "hands on" in a very bad way. I really do not know what Ms Ross saw in him.
    He was there for her when her mother passed away..which doesn't excuse his disgraceful treatment of women..but then she once dated gene Simmons another big misogynist

All i shall say is he would NOT get away with some of his behaviour today.
    Well, probably few of us would get away with our 'normal' behaviour [[even as innocent as we thought it was) from 10, 20 or 30 years back.

I could easily put in sexual harassment charges [[or bullying etc etc) against male & female contacts/co-workers from the past and most of them weren't even 'stars'.

I did see Lionel RIchie in concert [[free tickets) in 1987 when Tina Arena was his support act. I have a feeling she might have duetted with him on Endless Love that night but [[since she had no hits at that stage of her career) it could just have been one of his back-up singers.

Quote Originally Posted by Levi Stubbs Tears View Post
    Well, probably few of us would get away with our 'normal' behaviour [[even as innocent as we thought it was) from 10, 20 or 30 years back.

I could easily put in sexual harassment charges [[or bullying etc etc) against male & female contacts/co-workers from the past and most of them weren't even 'stars'.

I did see Lionel RIchie in concert [[free tickets) in 1987 when Tina Arena was his support act. I have a feeling she might have duetted with him on Endless Love that night but [[since she had no hits at that stage of her career) it could just have been one of his back-up singers.
    I saw the same tour but it wasn't Tina who duetted with him.

He was there for her when her mother passed away..which doesn't excuse his disgraceful treatment of women..but then she once dated gene Simmons another big misogynist
    I'm sure he had his good points, but not many of them were on display on that December afternoon.
    He was much more of a diva than Diana was. He insisted on not being filmed from a certain angle and he demanded which lines he wanted to sing on their duet. In fact he made such a fuss of it that i do believe the whole song was cut from the broadcast.
    I could say so much more but i will refrain - for now.

Wasn't there the story that Lionel Richie [[who was still with the Commodores when Endless Love was released) had invited Ross to come to a Commodores opening night at Radio City Hall [[not as performer) and then the band announced that Ross would appear as "special guest star"?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaap View Post
    Wasn't there the story that Lionel Richie [[who was still with the Commodores when Endless Love was released) had invited Ross to come to a Commodores opening night at Radio City Hall [[not as performer) and then the band announced that Ross would appear as "special guest star"?
    It was mentioned in CALL HER MISS ROSS. Supposedly Diana became rather upset about it because it made the NY Daily News and even Ticketron was mentioning it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaap View Post
    One member of the Commodores used to be my landlord..he told me a couple of funny stories of Diana's diva temprement

One member of the Commodores used to be my landlord..he told me a couple of funny stories of Diana's diva temprement
    If you care to share nomis, i would be interested to hear....

In the 80's Mr Iglesias was a frequent guest on Dutch TV, and yes, his demanding personality is and was well known with all the crews. And yes, he only lets his face being shot from one side and angle. And yes, there are unconfirmed rumors about the "entertainment" he wanted in his dressingroom [girls, pharmaceuticals). He countered the bad publicity later by living together with a Dutch model, 23 years his junior, so became a bit more Dutch and remained populair.

They are the stuff of legends. Some are indeed funny. Others less so.

Quote Originally Posted by 1382hitsville View Post
    In the 80's Mr Iglesias was a frequent guest on Dutch TV, and yes, his demanding personality is and was well known with all the crews. And yes, he only lets his face being shot from one side and angle. And yes, there are unconfirmed rumors about the "entertainment" he wanted in his dressingroom [girls, pharmaceuticals). He countered the bad publicity later by living together with a Dutch model, 23 years his junior, so became a bit more Dutch and remained populair.
    His behaviour has been an open secret for over 40 years. I do believe he has settled many indecent assault charges out of court.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    If you care to share nomis, i would be interested to hear....
    sure..i think i told this yrs ago on the forum..it would have been about 2004 and i was renting a room at one of Roland LaPread's properties..a friend of mine knew him and hanged out with once when he was chatting to Barry White on the phone which i thought was fly..anyway been there for a few months and was waiting to see him his wife always took my rent and then one day he was on site we talked about Motown and of corse, I mentioned Diana...he started shaking his head and muttering "Diana Ross ! that woman is so rude shes unbelievable !" then he told me these stories -

Roland arrived at Motown headquarters to sign his contract with the label he was a bit lost in the building and came across Diana in a corridoor or outer office he said "can you please tell me where Berry's office is im to sign a contract.."...Diana turned to him and said "do you know who Iam ? how dare you approach me !" he replied "Lady I just asked you a question.." anyway on signing the contract in Berry's office Diana was also in the room and co signed as witness [[which would surely be a bit unethical) there were no lawyer present for Roland..just Berry and Diana there

Motown on the same day threw an industry bash at a club to introduce the new group somehow, on the way to the venue Roland ended up sharing a limo with Diana to the event..they were driving there and Diana suddenly decided she need something from her home so they took a detour to that destination on arriving at Diana's hollywood home she turned to Roland and said "I dont have my keys can you jump the fence and break into the house for me!" he said "Lady..Your Diana Ross ! you can afford a damn locksmith I aint breaking into your home"..
    thats all he told me not scandalous or anything but very Diana..

sure..i think i told this yrs ago on the forum..it would have been about 2004 and i was renting a room at one of Roland LaPread's properties..a friend of mine knew him and hanged out with once when he was chatting to Barry White on the phone which i thought was fly..anyway been there for a few months and was waiting to see him his wife always took my rent and then one day he was on site we talked about Motown and of corse, I mentioned Diana...he started shaking his head and muttering "Diana Ross ! that woman is so rude shes unbelievable !" then he told me these stories -

Roland arrived at Motown headquarters to sign his contract with the label he was a bit lost in the building and came across Diana in a corridoor or outer office he said "can you please tell me where Berry's office is im to sign a contract.."...Diana turned to him and said "do you know who Iam ? how dare you approach me !" he replied "Lady I just asked you a question.." anyway on signing the contract in Berry's office Diana was also in the room and co signed as witness [[which would surely be a bit unethical) there were no lawyer present for Roland..just Berry and Diana there

Motown on the same day threw an industry bash at a club to introduce the new group somehow, on the way to the venue Roland ended up sharing a limo with Diana to the event..they were driving there and Diana suddenly decided she need something from her home so they took a detour to that destination on arriving at Diana's hollywood home she turned to Roland and said "I dont have my keys can you jump the fence and break into the house for me!" he said "Lady..Your Diana Ross ! you can afford a damn locksmith I aint breaking into your home"..
    Thanks very much for sharing nomis lol. I have a couple of stories of my own, but unfortunately there not fun like yours. Perhaps I will share one day, but for the mo prefer to keep things positive.

She could be an absolute nightmare when she wanted to be. I have seen grown men cry in her presence due to the immense stress and strain of her often unreasonable demands.
    On the other hand she can be such a kind and thoughtful lady.
    I have seen both sides of the lady.
    I have a very high patience threshold and most of the diva behaviour kind of just passed me by. Water off a duck's back as the old saying goes. I had encountered far worse behaviour.
    Anita Baker, Eddie Murphy, Bobby Brown and Grace Jones for starters.
    Ms Ross is just a pussycat in comparison. A Bengal tiger maybe but a pussycat nonetheless!
    On the other hand she displayed such kindness and compassion towards me when my life threatened to crash around me in the 90's. I am not going into detail here, but she was so practical and downright kind when i literally thought my life could never recover. I will never forget her help and ķindness, both financially and more importantly on a personal level.
    This is the side to her no one ever sees. That is partly down to her of course. She loves to act the big Diva in public, but much of it is just her armour to protect a more vulnerable and lesser seen side to her.

She could be an absolute nightmare when she wanted to be. I have seen grown men cry in her presence due to the immense stress and strain of her often unreasonable demands.
    I have a very high patience threshold and most of the diva behaviour kind of just passed me by. Water off a duck's back as the old saying goes. I had encountered far worse behaviour.
    Ms Ross is just a pussycat in comparison. A Bengal tiger maybe but a pussycat nonetheless!
    On the other hand she displayed such kindness and compassion towards me when my life threatened to crash around me in the 90's. I am not going into detail here, but she was so practical and downright kind when i literally thought my life could never recover. I will never forget her help and ķindness, both financially and more importantly on a personal level.
    This is the side to her no one ever sees. That is partly down to her of course. She loves to act the big Diva in public, but much of it is just her armour to protect a more vulnerable and lesser seen side to her.
    Regarding behaviour, from the little i have personally witnessed of her i don’t think man, woman or child is safe from the lash of her temper if that’s where she’s at. I mean that quite literally.
    On the other hand, friends from the hotel and entertainment world have spoken of the easygoing and hospitable side of her nature. I guess it all depends on the day lol.
    It’s nice that we can discuss and acknowledge both sides of the woman yet still remain firm fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Regarding behaviour, from the little i have personally witnessed of her i don’t think man, woman or child is safe from the lash of her temper if that’s where she’s at. I mean that quite literally.
    On the other hand, friends from the hotel and entertainment world have spoken of the easygoing and hospitable side of her nature. I guess it all depends on the day lol.
    It’s nice that we can discuss and acknowledge both sides of the woman yet still remain firm fans.
    She's a complex human being, like many of us. If you remember that, it's easy to remain a fan, even when some people have horrible experiences with her. Sadly for some, her horrible behavior will always trump anything else. But to be fair, there are also those who can care less about all the good things people have to say about Flo and Mary. Missing shows and writing books apparently cancels the good stuff out.*shrugs*

hes two pages of Diana's RCA contract pertaining to "Missing You" being included on "Swept Away" albumName:  diana contract 1.jpg
Views: 1136
Size:  79.9 KBName:  diana contract 2.jpg
Views: 825
Size:  77.1 KB

Diana being diva-esque? No way! I had never heard that before ... before you know it someone will expect me to believe that Temps were all on crack during the reunion tour, Mary Wells and Florence Ballard drank and Berry Gordy was greedy. No way!
    Last edited by PeaceNHarmony; 05-12-2021 at 07:07 PM.

im currently re - reading Tom Adrahtas's "Diva & Her Tribe"..theres lots of stories of her showing kindness & hospitality to loyal fans which is wonderful to read..she certainly has two sides to her..

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    I also wished that everytime I saw her singing EL in concert that LR would walk on stage and join her. But I think scheduling conflicts probably stopped it, not that she would not "allow" him. After all, she let Gloria join her for Survive when she was in Newark. We went wild when Gloria walked out and joined Diana.

And on a personal note, wishing you a very Happy Birthday this weekend
    Thank you Milven for the birthday wish. Another twirl around the sun for this old girl! Life is good. ♡

X
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Diana being diva-esque? No way! I had never heard that before ...
    Which just goes to prove we may think we know it all, but seldom do.

hes two pages of Diana's RCA contract pertaining to "Missing You" being included on "Swept Away" albumName:  diana contract 1.jpg
    Thanks for posting this nomis. I have never viewed such a contract before.

Interesting stuff.

I think he was pulling your leg....... neither story makes sense to me.

From day one she was focused on success and was/is a perfectionist and didn't care who or what was in her way. Ask anyone that went went to school with her at Cass Tech! Blue's comment show both sides of her. Unfortunately, her behavior Diva behavior has been fodder for the media and people eat it up. For example, I was at a large Xmas party and everyone was doing the "averting the eyes thing" based on reports that she issued instructions not to look directly at her. Then we had the Saturday Night Live skit depicting her in jail. Again the public loves this sxxt. Other "stars" act a lot worse.

"All of You" is wonderful wedding song. Diana's vocals are great for romantic ballads such as this one.