[REMOVE ADS]

Aretha's Diana Ross Impression Flip Wilson

Now this is flattering imitation, as opposed to whatever it was Dionne Warwick did when she was supposed to be Diana on a show.

I always liked this clip. I wish it included the entire bit, where Aretha also did impressions of Della Reese, Sarah Vaughan, and Dionne Warwick.

My goodness, that really is incredible. . If you close your eyes tightly and empty all thoughts, you would imagine you were listening to....erm....Aretha Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    My goodness, that really is incredible. . If you close your eyes tightly and empty all thoughts, you would imagine you were listening to....erm....Aretha Franklin.
    Ha ha. IMO, she doesn't really sound like the women she imitates. But the bit is cute nonetheless.

sounds like they started with the wrong song ..... by Dionne Warwick ..

Flip does his best to sell this ....

It’s hardly an homage, I don’t care for it. It’s not parity and the way she does it seems as if she misses the gist of what made the song a blockbuster.

OMG I love it ......so sweet. Aretha and Diana were at least friends and I know what she did was innocent. Love you Aretha RIH.

The amazing thing about "Baby Love", as sung by Diana Ross is that it has become so iconic of the 1960's. Few performers achieve this legacy in the performing Arts. Diana Ross is an elegant song stylist. Her pristine vocal gifts always makes a song her own.