[REMOVE ADS]

HELP with Mary Wilson recording history

I am seeking some clarity on Mary Wilson's recording history.

So, she recorded the "Mary Wilson" album and the four Gus Dudgeon tracks while signed to Motown.

Later she recorded "Don't Get Mad, Get Even" and "Oooh Child" for Motorcity records.

When did she record the unreleased "Stronger In The Broken Part," "My Love Life's A Disaster," "Sleeping In Separate Rooms," "The One I Love," and "Can We Talk About It?"

Were these tracks recorded for a record label, or were they things she just did on her own? I heard at one time that Ms. Wilson came very close to signing with both Boardwalk records [[just prior to Neil Bogart's death) and later Atlantic records. Is that true? Which tracks were recorded for each label?

Are there other unreleased songs from the 1980's?

Why not post this in the DRATS Forum?

Ooops. I thought I did. My mistake. I have reposted it in the Supremes forum. How do I delete this post?

You won't be able to do it yourself.
    Click on "Contact Us" to the left of the thread.

Here is what I can add to the thread:

Mary recorded a track called "Inside Out" on spec with Clay McMurray in LA in 1982. They returned to fine tune the track several times but in Detroit. Later Clay recorded Mary again in Detroit but I don't know the names of the tracks.

"This Girl's Back in Town" was a partial recording produced by Paul Jabara. He was just seeking lines to edit into his Della Noche sisters project. There was no complete solo Mary Recording. [[I was in the studio for the session).

"Just One Touch" was a very nice ballard recorded in NYC with Dick Scott producing. It was to be on an album by "Wiz" alumn Howard Porter. Therte was a duet version of the song too. The album was never released.

"Love Never Says Goodbye" is one of the best MW recordings ever. I don't know who wrote or produced it and would love more information about it.

The producer of "U" produced at least two, if not three other tracks. I was present in the studio for one. It was a track about global harmony but I do not recall the name.

Many people were interested in recording Mary. Everyone was searching for the right sound at the right time.