[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross in S. Africa/ full 75 minute video

Fascinating video. Includes several news conferences/ interviews. Her meeting with Mandela, rehearsal footage and live performance. Video posted to YouTube by Micci. Don’t know if they are a member here or not.

That was wonderful thanks for sharing she's so relaxed and happy.. Great footage

she is so incredibly intense when talking... The opening incident is very funny to watch

I have so much to do today but could not stop watching. It was lovely to see her in such a happy and relaxed mood. I connect with the youthful spirit she possess which remains such a huge part of her persona.
    Many thanks for posting Khansperac.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    I have so much to do today but could not stop watching. It was lovely to see her in such a happy and relaxed mood. I connect with the youthful spirit she possess which remains such a huge part of her persona.
    Many thanks for posting Khansperac.
    She is usually like that out of the public eye. I often feel people disbelieve me when i say that, but the private Diana Ross is a far more relaxed, humerous and approachable person than the one the public usually gets to see. I wish she could have relaxed more when being interviewed back in the day because she has a wicked sense of humour when she is not constantly on guard when in the spotlight. I haven't watched this video as yet, but it sounds like she was in a relaxful mood. That is good to hear.

This was wonderful and Miss Ross was so lovely lovely lovely. She was in such awe of President Mandela spoke about the lack of black history in our schools and answered all questions from the press honestly and was was real open. Ive watched this two times already. Loved it and the quality was real good. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    She is usually like that out of the public eye. I often feel people disbelieve me when i say that, but the private Diana Ross is a far more relaxed, humerous and approachable person than the one the public usually gets to see. I wish she could have relaxed more when being interviewed back in the day because she has a wicked sense of humour when she is not constantly on guard when in the spotlight. I haven't watched this video as yet, but it sounds like she was in a relaxful mood. That is good to hear.
    Her sense of humor is so naughty when she's comfortable with the interviewer, I just love it. Of course y'all know I got down the two times she talked about her film career, but she looked so fresh and full of zest and life. I just love this woman. Loved watching this!

Few would have guessed at the turbulent years that were to follow.

Few would have guessed at the turbulent years that were to follow.
    What was to follow? I'm a bit young 🤣. I only remember her getting arrested on television and almost crying when they showed her failing her sobriety test

Quote Originally Posted by JLoveLamar View Post
    What was to follow? I'm a bit young ��. I only remember her getting arrested on television and almost crying when they showed her failing her sobriety test
    Diana learned via the media her husband was divorcing her, her brother T Boy was murdered, the RTL tour generated bad publicity, she was going thru menopause, she had problems with staff at U.S, Motown..she was "detained" at Heathrow..her ex husband was then killed on a climbing trip...all these events conspired to take her to a very dark place and de rail her career...but she has moved on with support of her loving children
    Last edited by nomis; 05-01-2021 at 11:10 PM.

Wait, WHAT?! The husband did WHAT?!

This ain't funny, but I cracked up at "She was going through menopause"

I am on the floor HOWLING at this!!!!!!!!!

Why did RTL generate negative publicity? Is it because no Miss Mary Wilson?

What problems was she having with the Motown staff?

Menopause is no joke..it can have a devastating toll on a woman's mental health .. diana for all the wonderful songs and glitzy gowns is a real person and has human problems just like anyone else yes..she had menopause I don't see anything funny or embarrassing about that

What was to follow? I'm a bit young 藍. I only remember her getting arrested on television and almost crying when they showed her failing her sobriety test
    I had no idea she was almost crying. There you go, you seem to know a lot more then i do on the subject.
    A bit young, you wish but all info regarding that time period is readily available at the touch of a button.
    Oh by the way, welcome back.

I had no idea she was almost crying. There you go, you seem to know a lot more then i do on the subject.
    A bit young, you wish but all info regarding that time period is readily available at the touch of a button.
    Oh by the way, welcome back.
    No, I WAS ALMOST CRYING. Not Miss Ross. That scared the heck out of me seeing her on the news like that.

"A bit young, you wish"

You ain't worth two dead flies smashed!!!!!!

No, I WAS ALMOST CRYING. Not Miss Ross. That scared the heck out of me seeing her on the news like that.

You ain't worth two dead flies smashed!!!!!!
    Oops!! I think I may have hit a nerve.
    I hope you weren’t crying for to long.... All that wasted mascara.

This post looks like it is heading South......

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    This post looks like it is heading South......
    Nothing abnormal for Miss Olive. Normally heading down South on a man..........

Oh my lord

Oh dear!!

Wait, WHAT?! The husband did WHAT?!

This ain't funny, but I cracked up at "She was going through menopause"

I am on the floor HOWLING at this!!!!!!!!!

Why did RTL generate negative publicity? Is it because no Miss Mary Wilson?

What problems was she having with the Motown staff?
    Youve got a warped sense of humor young man and a whole load of growing up to do but lifes lessons will hopefully help you to be a bit kinder. We all get checked throughout this great journey of life. Getting your heart broken is never funny.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Youve got a warped sense of humor young man and a whole load of growing up to do but lifes lessons will hopefully help you to be a bit kinder. We all get checked throughout this great journey of life. Getting your heart broken is never funny.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta
    You know nothing about me at all, and you were not paying attention to anything I said. I did not laugh at heartbreak. You do not know anything about me, so please keep your warped comments to yourself. It is clear you did not get the life check you needed, otherwise you would not say the things you do to strangers on message boards. You should take your own advice and be a bit more kinder.

Okay, please withdraw the claws. Ms Roberta is one of the nicest, decentst persons on this forum and although opinions are peoples own, let's keep it respectful on all sides.

Nomis was kind enough to answer your question about the turbulent years to follow with a few pointers about this. As Ollie wrote, if you want to know more about that, google it please.

This thread was [[no: IS) about the fascinating video of Ms Ross in South Africa. I have enjoyed watching this, thanks for sharing. It showed me a side of Ms Ross I can't get enough off. Forever Young.