[REMOVE ADS]

The Greatest Improviser - Lady Sings the Blues

Read this this morning. LOVED it.

Great read. It was a long road, but they finally got there in the end.
    49 years later, and i’m still annoyed over BG advertising campaign for the film lol.
    Having said that, had it not been for him Diana would have missed out on the role altogether. Swings and roundabouts I guess.
    Ta for posting job.

Yes. Thanks to JRob for this one. Do we have pictures of Diana and Josephine together?

the film is a masterpiece..except the ending..the story just stops ..boom ! ..Ive read somewhere that Berry got lost in the editing process and didnt know what he was doing i think the ending proves this

Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    the film is a masterpiece..except the ending..the story just stops ..boom ! ..Ive read somewhere that Berry got lost in the editing process and didnt know what he was doing i think the ending proves this
    I appreciate the ending. I love how it ends with her singing and the newspaper clippings explaining what happened to her.

I didn’t mind the ending. Overall it’s a great movie. When it comes to modern day bio pics of artist, was this one of the first?

I love this pic of Berry with Miss HolidayName:  billie.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  16.3 KB

I thought the ending was abrupt and sad and brief; but it was a good way to end it- get it over with. We all know it didnt end well - end with Carnegie Hall, a high, and a postscript.

Maybe it’s simple but I bet Berry thought it very smart

As a vehicle for Diana to show the world her magnificence the ending was perfect. Despite the newspaper clippings, folks didn’t leave the theatre feeling down.
    Billie dying in a hospital bed at 44 would most likely of had the opposite effect.