If you are not a fan of the show or if you hate to see fools like me rant about trivial matters, then you might want to skip this post.

Once again, two contestants were headed to Final Jeopardy and facing a situation in which it was OBVIOUS what they each should wager, but neither one of them made the right decision.

The returning champ had $21,200 and the second place person had $10,600, or exactly half that total. The amount of the third place person is irrelevant.

So the champ simply HAD to know that he should wager nothing, and if so, then the worst that could happen to him would be a tie. The second place guy should have had no choice but to wager everything so that he could hopefully get the question right and forge that tie. Both decisions should have been no-brainers, right?

Not to these two dolts. The second place guy got the question right and it was then revealed that instead of making that smart wager, he wagered just enough to stay ahead of the third place person. So he finished with a total of $13,601.

Then we moved to the champ. His question was wrong. When they revealed his wager, the idiot had wagered a dollar. So he finished at $21,199.

Now he still won the game, but I contend that both of them were fools. If the second place guy had bet it all, he would have finished at $21,200 and won the game since he got the question right. The champ deserved to lose for making that $1 wager when he should have bet nothing.

This happens an average of once a year and it blows my mind that such supposedly smart people cannot see it. OK I will move on to my sports chat rooms and find something to vent about there!