[REMOVE ADS]

Tribute to Esther Gordy Edwards On What Would Have Been Her 101st Birthday!

Mrs. Edwards was born on 4/25/1920, therefore, should would be 101 years old this coming Sunday. Please remember and think of her. She was a truly great person. She was solely responsible for saving the Motown Museum. Had she not been that aggressive it would not exist today. I don't know how many forum members knew her personally besides Marv2 and myself, but she was simply the best. We lost a great person when she passed away. But her legacy will live on with the upcoming greatly expanded Motown Museum.

My brother and I referred to her as "Auntie Esther" An amazing woman.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    Mrs. Edwards was born on 4/25/1920, therefore, should would be 101 years old this coming Sunday. Please remember and think of her. She was a truly great person. She was solely responsible for saving the Motown Museum. Had she not been that aggressive it would not exist today. I don't know how many forum members knew her personally besides Marv2 and myself, but she was simply the best. We lost a great person when she passed away. But her legacy will live on with the upcoming greatly expanded Motown Museum.
    My clients would often spend an extra day in Detroit to tour the Museum. Mrs. Edwards was so helpful in organizing the group for picture taking and taking an interest where everyone lived. She never had the attitude of, "ok let's get this over with". She was serious business - def intrinsically motivated.