[REMOVE ADS]




Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: The Blossoms

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,935
    Rep Power
    93

    The Blossoms


    Coming to Dusty Groove about April 30th.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    14,666
    Rep Power
    289
    Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post

    Coming to Dusty Groove about April 30th.

    Can we see the song list?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7,378
    Rep Power
    210

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,935
    Rep Power
    93
    Thank you, reese. Dusty Groove did not post a song list.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    14,666
    Rep Power
    289
    Here is the list:
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by robb_k; 04-23-2021 at 07:58 PM.

  6. #6
    One of their best is missing "Thats When The Tears Start" [[& many others), but still a good CD

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,935
    Rep Power
    93
    I have the 2 CD's "They Came to Sing"...pretty inclusive.

    The Blossoms – They Came To Sing Vol. 2 [[2006, CD) - Discogs
    Below is Vol. I


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    14,666
    Rep Power
    289
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Jarvis View Post
    One of their best is missing "Thats When The Tears Start" [[& many others), but still a good CD
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  21.1 KB
    That's by design. Evolution of the group means their early recordings, when they were developing their style. "That's When The Tears Start" and "Good, Good, Lovin'" and their other Loma cuts, as well as their Ode Records cuts were near the end of their career as a group.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    372
    Rep Power
    67
    More like "That's When the Tears Start" and "Good, Good Lovin'" require licensing... I wish Ace Records would do a licensed comp but I guess they don't see it as a viable release so they reissue Blossoms tracks on Various Artist compilations instead.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,355
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  21.1 KB
    That's by design. Evolution of the group means their early recordings, when they were developing their style. "That's When The Tears Start" and "Good, Good, Lovin'" and their other Loma cuts, as well as their Ode Records cuts were near the end of their career as a group.
    They never recorded for Loma I think you meant Reprise..

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    14,666
    Rep Power
    289
    Quote Originally Posted by brother_love View Post
    They never recorded for Loma I think you meant Reprise..
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  21.1 KB
    Yes. All them WB subsidiaries look the same!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.