[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Baseball

Baseball

I dont watch a ton of baseball, but when spring springs, I'm ready to take in a game on T. V.
    In Detroit it was good old channel 2 [[Fox) that covered a ton of games through the season. So, true to form, I was able to see the Tiger's win their opener on channel 2. And then....
    .it all disappeared. I couldn't find a game to save my life. The channels that had the game, I found I was blocked out of. I called my cable service to find it was necessary to purchase the sports package to get the Tiger games, all under the umbrella of Bally Sports. They control EVERYTHING! Does this not smack of a monopoly and how do they get away with it

"It's All About the Benjamins" is a song by American rapper and producer Puff Daddy.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    I called my cable service to find it was necessary to purchase the sports package to get the Tiger games, all under the umbrella of Bally Sports. They control EVERYTHING! Does this not smack of a monopoly and how do they get away with it
    Just think, though, you can now watch curling, bocce ball, ping pong, bowling and "women's" sports for no extra charge.

How come you can get golf for free?
    Last edited by 9A; 04-18-2021 at 10:28 AM.

Wow,that's rough ralph, i too love baseball and can get the nats and other games on cable,and like you i don't watch a ton of games either but it's nice to be able to,hope you get this resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Wow,that's rough ralph, i too love baseball and can get the nats and other games on cable,and like you i don't watch a ton of games either but it's nice to be able to,hope you get this resolved.
    Oh, it's resolved alright -- for $15.99. He's supposed to get the first 3 months free. We'll see.

There's always bootleg if you don't feel bad about it.

Spoiler alert: I don't feel bad about it. And I watch almost every NBA, NCAA and NFL game I want [[not a big MLB fan).