[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I thought i had previously explained how the Eaten Alive sessions came to be.
    Barry had pursued Ms Ross on a few occasions in the early 80's to no avail. He gave a whole album to Kenny Rogers which he had intended for Ms Ross. This included Islands in the stream. He had all but given up on her when she got in touch demanding an album almost immediately. The scheduled producer had pulled out due to "creative differences". She had the studio bookčd but no songs and producer. Barry was anxious to work with her but he was unable to compose 8 new songs in around 10 days so he had to find enough material from previously submitted material along with unused material from Ms Streisand, Ms Warwick and Kenny Rogers. The sessions were rushed. The title track was finished with added input from MJ, and chain reaction which Barry originally intended for the Bee Gees. He played it to her and she begged him to produce it on her. The album was all but finished at this point, and a song had to be binned to make way for CR. They chose what was in my opinion one of the cream cuts. I think. I think it was called it's up to you. It lay festering in the vaults until Ms Streisand heard it and recorded it herself for the Barry helmed Guilty 2 project. She knew a good song when she heard it.
    Barry was not happy having to rush the project through despite getting short notice help from MJ amongst others. Maurice Gibb was even more unhappy and resented Ms Ross for having repeatedly turned them down, and then a few years later demanding an album at short notice. He and Miss Ross clashed in the studio to such an extent that Barry barred him from the studio.
    I personally like most of the album, but it could and would have been better had Barry been given more time tň prepare.
    He would like the opportunity to produce her again, but that will not hŕppen sadly.
    Hope this helps.
    I had no idea the album was a rush job and that it contained unused songs from the projects of other singers. Do you know why Diana needed the album so quickly?.
    “It’s Up To You” is a lovely song. What a shame it couldn’t be used for the expanded EA.
    Its interesting that “CR” was the last track recorded for the project as her voice sounds comparatively revitalised on the song.

P.S...Do you Know who the original producer was meant to be?.
    Last edited by Ollie9; 04-25-2021 at 09:19 AM.