[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I would be very surprised if she authorised it's release. She held it back because she was not happy with it, yet she was happy enough with fools and silk electric. That should tell you everything you need to know about the quality of these recordings

Don't hold your breath.
    I thought I read an interview with Diana Ross back in the early 90s and she mentioned this album and was upset that the record company at the time would not release it. I was under the impression that it was the record company not wanting it released and that Diana wanted it released. Did she tell you she was not happy with it?

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    I thought I read an interview with Diana Ross back in the early 90s and she mentioned this album and was upset that the record company at the time would not release it. I was under the impression that it was the record company not wanting it released and that Diana wanted it released. Did she tell you she was not happy with it?
    No she did not. I am not aware of that interview. Maybe she was happy with the finished product. I honestly do not know. I was merely speculating.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    I recall her very briefly mentioning the Arlen project on a tv interview in the early 90s, possibly during some OUT OF DARKNESS promo. That's why I was surprised when I found out that the album was actually done in the 80s. But she didn't go in-depth.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I recall her very briefly mentioning the Arlen project on a tv interview in the early 90s, possibly during some OUT OF DARKNESS promo. That's why I was surprised when I found out that the album was actually done in the 80s. But she didn't go in-depth.
    I first heard about it during that same time period. Due to the international success of TFBTP and One Woman and Diana’s 30th anniversary celebration, Reach Out International Fan Club reported the collection was being planned for release. I didn’t know who Harold Arlen was, but was excited for the new release. It’s amazing how quickly time passes; it’s hard to believe this was almost 30 years ago...

If this album where to be released would you by a copy I would get five copies how about you

Quote Originally Posted by after you View Post
    If this album where to be released would you by a copy I would get five copies how about you
    Definitely! I’d buy a few extras to give as gifts...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
    I first heard about it during that same time period. Due to the international success of TFBTP and One Woman and Diana’s 30th anniversary celebration, Reach Out International Fan Club reported the collection was being planned for release. I didn’t know who Harold Arlen was, but was excited for the new release. It’s amazing how quickly time passes; it’s hard to believe this was almost 30 years ago...
    Yes it was during this time period. If I remember correctly it was an interview in Billboard magazine that she mentioned this album.

Maybe we should start a ‘Free Harold Arlen’ campaign It’s a huge shame that none of the songs from the project ever made it on to the 93 box set. At least we would have some idea as to how they turned out.

My fingers are cross this will come out. I loved Diana singing Somewhere over the rainbow on the Oscars in the 1990s. It was magical. I just know this album will be full of magic and love. And her voice. Her beautiful wonderful voice!

I do remember Diana stating natalie cole was supportive of her recording this album at the time because the record company obviously wasn't on board with it.
    Can't remember if Unforgettable had been released as of that point.
    Damn seems years ago
    Hopefully

Is any one available to post the 10 or eleven songs she recorded ❤️🌷❤️

[QUOTE=daviddh;620009]I do remember Diana stating natalie cole was supportive of her recording this album at the time because the record company obviously wasn't on board with it.
    Can't remember if Unforgettable had been released as of that point.
    Damn seems years ago
    Hopefully[/QUOTE

The Unforgettable project was released in either 1990 or 1991. Quite telling that Natalie Cole was appreciative of this type of project as Unforgettable was Natalie’s greatest success...

Quote Originally Posted by after you View Post
    Is any one available to post the 10 or eleven songs she recorded ❤️🌷❤️
    I googled Harold Arlen to learn a bit about his career. Let’s Fall In Love from Diana’s Stolen Moments is one of his compositions as well as Stormy Weather and many others from the great American songbook. He passed in April of 1986, which I assume led to the idea of a tribute to his music.

When the recordings of Diana Ross sings The Songs of Harold Arlen, is released,Diana Ross will have recorded many songs of The American Songbook. The precise diction of Diana Ross is remarkable. As a song stylist, Diana Ross is distinct as a singer of the American Songbook.

Any new word about when the Diana Ross sings Harold Arlen songs album will be released? Was Gil Askey the Musical Director for this project?

It may be up to our Diana to have it released we have been waiting for new material forever and a day 💙