[REMOVE ADS]

"Baby, I Love Your Way" Diana Ross

Richard Perry produced Diana Ross' version of Peter Frampton's "Baby, I Love Your Way" during the recording sessions of the album, "Baby, It's Me". [[BIM)
    Diana Ross' smooth and velvety voice on this song is wonderful.
    This song would have been a great lead single release song for the album.

I would have also retitled the album,
    "The Baby Album"- for the baby boomers!

Mr.Frampton had a massive hit with this song.
    Diana Ross' version would have jumped hit the charts and broadened her fan base. She makes the song her own and does not imitate Mr. Frampton's version.

Missed opportunity by Motown?

The song is now on the expanded BIM album.

2014 Studio Mix is beautifully done.

A studio produced duet of their recordings of this song would be exciting to hear.
    Last edited by TNSUN; 04-09-2021 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Add

I love Diana’s delicate interpretation of the song. I wish she had re-recorded it for the ross 83 album as it has a similar vibe to “You Do It”.
    I’m not certain which song I would have left off BIM to make way for it. All the songs are gems in their own right. Perhaps “Confide In Me”.

It is a great recording. I don't hear it as a single, though. But it could have been a very strong album track. If I had to delete another BIM track to make room for it, I might swap out YOU GOT IT and sequence BABY I LOVE YOUR WAY in the same slot.

it is a lovely rendition and the overall lp is stunning. agree though this isn't a single but i wonder if a B side might have worked?

question to the group:

if you were planning the track sequencing for BIM, would you have changed any of the tunes? would Baby I Love Your Way have been preferred to Too Shy or Confide in Me or Come in from the rain?

what about Room Enough for Two, Brass Band or Country John?

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    it is a lovely rendition and the overall lp is stunning. agree though this isn't a single but i wonder if a B side might have worked?

question to the group:

if you were planning the track sequencing for BIM, would you have changed any of the tunes? would Baby I Love Your Way have been preferred to Too Shy or Confide in Me or Come in from the rain?

I don’t think “Brass Band” or Country John” fit the vibe of the album.
    I would have sequenced the songs as so for a more adult, contemporary feel.
    Side 1
    You Got It
    Baby It’s Me
    To Shy To Say
    Your Love Is So Good For Me.
    Confide In Me
    Side 2
    Getting Ready For Love
    All Night Lover
    Same Love That Made Me Laugh
    Baby I Love Your Way.
    Come In From The Rain

I never cared much for her version. I can fully understand why it was left off the album. It's pleasant enough, but definitely weaker than any of the songs on the final tracklisting.
    Nice but nothing to write home to mother about.

I mentioned this song in the other BIM thread. I think it's a great rendition of the song. It's been one I play heavily for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    I love Diana’s delicate interpretation of the song. I wish she had re-recorded it for the ross 83 album as it has a similar vibe to “You Do It”.
    I’m not certain which song I would have left off BIM to make way for it. All the songs are gems in their own right. Perhaps “Confide In Me”.
    I actually think as is the song sounds ahead of it's time. The version she did sounds like it would've fit right in on Ross83 and no one would have ever known it was a BIM outtake. But I agree, a re-recorded version would have been a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post

question to the group:

I would've replaced "Your Love Is So Good" with "Baby I Love Your Way", but that's about it. I'm not a fan of "Your Love Is So Good" and have always felt it was probably the one song that didn't fit the rest of such a cohesive album. None of the other outtakes did much for me. I'm hoping whenever we get the Diana/Billy Preston duet version of "Room" that I dig it. I love Billy, and obviously love Diana, so I have high expectations for the two of them together.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    I actually think as is the song sounds ahead of it's time. The version she did sounds like it would've fit right in on Ross83 and no one would have ever known it was a BIM outtake. But I agree, a re-recorded version would have been a great idea.
    I think her voice was a whisper of a shade lower by 83. She sounds younger and clearer on the BIM tracks. Having said that, i don’t think it would stand out like a sore thumb had it been used for ross 83. It certainly suits the laid back vibe of that album.

I love the track as well, but I think the lp is better without it.

Nice track has a smooth flow and delivery

Has anyone heard of any long play remixes of Diana Ross' "Baby, I Love Your Way"?