[REMOVE ADS]

"You Are Not Alone" Michael Jackson and Diana Ross Duet?

Perhaps, to the style of the Natalie Cole and Nat King Cole duet of "Unforgettable", a record label producer can mix together Diana Ross' and Michael Jackson's versions of "You Are Not Alone".

Quote Originally Posted by TNSUN View Post
    Perhaps, to the style of the Natalie Cole and Nat King Cole duet of "Unforgettable", a record label producer can mix together Diana Ross' and Michael Jackson's versions of "You Are Not Alone".
    That idea was suggested for the proposed Diana Ross with the London Symphony Orchestra album that has yet to surface. It was originally mooted in 2019 and the plan was to release it to coincide with her 2020 UK tour. That of course failed to materialise as did plans for 2021. The other proposed album that remains unfulfilled is the Duets album, but i do believe they wanted modern performers to duet with Ms Ross rather than classic artists.
    Not sure where we are up to with it at the moment, but i guess they will remain on the backburner now that her all new album is being prepared for release.
    That's all i know at the moment.

Tom Jones released his duets cd Reload and it revitalized his career, although I am really apprehensive about Ms Ross's new material, Bluebrock how is it sounding to you ?? If you can comment of course .

Quote Originally Posted by dickiemint View Post
    Tom Jones released his duets cd Reload and it revitalized his career, although I am really apprehensive about Ms Ross's new material, Bluebrock how is it sounding to you ?? If you can comment of course .
    I haven't heard anything more since the 6 or so demo's from a couple of months ago. I wasn't at all impressed by them, but i do concede they were unfinished.
    Maybe the finished product will be good, but my hopes are not high. It all sounded so dull and bland to my ears, and our lady was not in good voice.

Quote Originally Posted by dickiemint View Post
    Tom was still in fine vocal form at that time. Still is for that matter.

Much as I hate to say it a new Diana Ross album is not going to set the UK charts on fire.

Now Diana Ross and the London Symphony Orchestra especially if it had co-incided with her trip to the UK was certainly a possible #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I haven't heard anything more since the 6 or so demo's from a couple of months ago. I wasn't at all impressed by them, but i do concede they were unfinished.
    Maybe the finished product will be good, but my hopes are not high. It all sounded so dull and bland to my ears, and our lady was not in good voice.
    Honestly, I don’t think she cares about quality anymore. Quality = Money, and Ross is sadly a tightwad when it comes to her professional work. That is why I have no interest in the new cd.

A duets album could be interesting.

But I would hope she wouldn't do one with a deceased partner. I think the Natalie and Nat duet was touching because they are, after all, father and daughter. But then Tramaine Hawkins did one with Mahalia Jackson, and Tony Bennett did one with Billie Holiday. Sort of gives me the willies.
    Last edited by reese; 04-08-2021 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    A duets album could be interesting.

But I would hope she wouldn't do one with a deceased partner. I think the Natalie and Nat duet was touching because they after all father and daughter. But then Tramaine Hawkins did one with Mahalia Jackson, and Tony Bennett did one with Billie Holiday. Sort of gives me the willies.
    I find them kind of spooky too!

Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    Much as I hate to say it a new Diana Ross album is not going to set the UK charts on fire.

Now Diana Ross and the London Symphony Orchestra especially if it had co-incided with her trip to the UK was certainly a possible #1.
    Absolutely. I adore the London Symphony Orchestra arrangement Of “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough”. It adds a new freshness and clarity to the song.
    I think it a great idea using original vocal tracks and adding new orchestrations. The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra did a great job with Elvis and also The Beach Boys.
    From what Bluebrock has revealed of the intended new album, a Diana Ross with the LSO sounds a more worthy project.