[REMOVE ADS]

rare Supremes articles from Jan 1967 college show

Ok - a bit of back story here

when i was in college, i found the old yearbooks in the library and got a kick out of the older ones. Lots of family attended Millikin University in Decatur, IL so it was a hoot seeing the old pictures

then I happened to open the 1967 yearbook and after flipping through a few pages i saw this!!!!

Attachment 18907

i was literally stunned. Decatur isn't a huge city and it's so close to both Chicago and St Louis that often the big acts just play there and people drive in. Well now i was on the hunt!! i was able to access the school archives and dug through the student newspapers to find these. At the time we didn't have cell phones or camera phones. so i wasn't able to capture the images. but recently got hold of someone in the library and they scanned them in!

Attachment 18909
    Attachment 18908
    Attachment 18910

Attachment 18911

Very nice! But I couldn't enlarge the text. I gather the review was a good one? Any surprises in the set list?

Reese are you on FB? i also put these in the Reflections: The Supremes Legacy group. on FB you can zoom in and out on pics. I'm not sure if it's the antiquated platform technology here with the forum or user error on my part for how i uploaded the pics lolol

yes the review was stellar. I'll redo the pics so they're more zoomed in

Attachment 18912

looks like they're wearing the gowns from the Andy Williams show which aired on 1/22. this show at Millikin was on 1/8 i believe

and it looks like Flo is sporting that high "up" do similar to the pics someone just shared from this show at Cleveland Music Hall on 2/9

Attachment 18913

here are the other two pics. hope these are zoomed in more

Attachment 18914

Attachment 18915

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    Reese are you on FB? i also put these in the Reflections: The Supremes Legacy group. on FB you can zoom in and out on pics. I'm not sure if it's the antiquated platform technology here with the forum or user error on my part for how i uploaded the pics lolol

yes the review was stellar. I'll redo the pics so they're more zoomed in
    Yes. I'll try looking at them there. Thanks!

These are wonderful sup fan..

Thanks for sharing sup_fan!

Good work Sup!!