[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Wasn't the first LP reissue of the "Please Mr. Postman" album from the mid 80s in true stereo? I always thought it was. At the time, I had it on both cassette and LP. As I recall, the cassette was labeled as being in Stereo though the LP was a straight reissue of the original album and didn't indicate either way.
    According to the Both Sides Now website, The Marvelettes' Please Mr. Postman LP was only issued in mono [however, the title track can be heard in stereo on the the stereo version of their Greatest Hits album & The Marvelettes Anthology]. Now, if there was a stereo version of Please Mr. Postman ​album, it would've shown up on the groups' Forever collection in 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    THE ORIGINALS - "There's A Chance When You Love You'll Lose" -- never made it past the 45 release. Pity, as I love that record. Sadly, it still hasn't seen a CD release, along with 4 other Originals LPs [["Naturally Together", "Definitions", "Games People Play", and "Communique") At this stage of the game, I fear that we may never see a CD release for any of them.
    The B-side of "TACWYLYL", "1st Lady {Sweet Mother's Love} was never included on an LP either. Nor was the A-side of their first 45, "Goodnight Irene".

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Polhill View Post
    I always assumed that it was to bolster the greatest hits albums.The Temptation`s "Beauty Is Only Skin Deep" is another.
    That sounds very plausible. The Temptations single was issued three months before their Greatest Hits album.

The Temptations track Ball of Confusion wasn't on a regular album, as far as I know.

'Love Song' by the Jackson 5 somehow never made it onto an album, despite being a gorgeous track, and some of the stuff that did end up on their albums is dross ⟮such as their cover of Bridge Over Troubled Water. 'Love Song' was the flip to the 'Looking Through The Windows' single.
    Last edited by stupidactingsmart; 03-20-2022 at 02:32 PM.