[REMOVE ADS]

promoting their albums - what songs should they have done?

we talk about the Sup shows really didn't heavily promote their albums. Some though actually were - the IHAS album got quite a bit. they did Yesterday, Symphony, My World and the medley which included 5 more songs. so 8 out of the 12

Sam Cooke medley, Lady is a Tramp and Falling in Love. Funny Girl medley.

so for the most part, if they were more MOR content from their albums, they had a good chance of finding their way into the shows.

But what about all of the other amazing content? what tracks should have been incorporated maybe as standalone songs? or what about a medley of their own tunes from some album?

thought i'd look at what were the non-singles from the albums that were used in shows, for everyone's reference

Meet - Time Changes Things
    WDOLG - I'm giving you your freedom, standing at the crossroads
    more hits - mother dear [[tv only)
    liverpool - tv appearances only for You Can't Do That
    Sam Cooke - Shake [[alone), medley
    Symphony - Yesterday, medley, Everything is good about you made it into Sullivan version of medley
    A GoGo - sugar pie honey bunch [[tv only and prior to A Go Go release)
    Sing R&H - Lady is a tramp, Falling in love plus the songs from the R&H tv special [[prior to album release)
    Funny Girl - medley on tv plus coronet man on tv
    Join the tempts - Impossible Dream [[TCB) Funky Broadway [[GIT)
    Sunshine - Aquarius medley [[tv and prior to album release)
    Together - Mary lead version of Can't Take My Eyes
    Right On - Loving Country in medley with other songs
    Mag 7 - Reach out and touch [[in shows touring with Tops)
    New Ways - Together we can make [[in medley with Loving Country and other songs), Time to break down [[tv)
    Dynamite - non-duet version of Love The One You're with
    Jimmy Webb - Tossin and Turnin
    Sup 75 - early morning love, this is why i believe in you, where is it i belong [[tv)
    High energy - High energy, don't let my teardrops [[tv), You're what's missing, Till the Boat/don't want to lose you [[HE video)
    MS&S - come into my life [[tv), you are the heart of me [[tv and HE video)

"He's 17" was performed in shows. When did they do "I'm Giving You Your Freedom"?

"House Of the Rising Sun" would've been a good showcase for all three.

"I'm In Love Again" would've been a nice addition to the live act. "Whisper You Love Me Boy" also a nice add.

"Aint That Good News" could've been a showstopper.

Full version of "Everything Is Good About You". I'm not a particular fan of "He's All I Got", but the group kills this one and I think live would've been really interesting to hear.

"Shake Me, Wake Me" and "Baby I Need Your Loving" should've been no brainers.

"Bah, Bah, Bah" could've been a highlight.

"Chains Of Love", "I'll Set You Free", "Does Your Mama Know", "Evening Train", "Sunny Boy", all should've been in the show.

"This Is the Story", "Here Comes the Sunrise", "Johnny Raven", "So Hard To Say Goodbye" could've been killers.

"Precious Little Things" and "Now The Bitter" would've been nice.

did they ever perform "Some things You Never Get Used To " live ? im surprised as a single release ,it never got a tv spot to promote it..

Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    did they ever perform "Some things You Never Get Used To " live ? im surprised as a single release ,it never got a tv spot to promote it..
    Does "The Composer" also fit that category of singles that, to my knowledge, were not performed live?

They did it live during the summer of 68
    Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    They did it live during the summer of 68
    Thanks blackguy69

They've been playing Stoned Love and Automatically sunshine quite a few times at work lately. I think automatically sunshine should have been promoted a bit more. The song definitely has grown on me the last couple of weeks. I think hearing it throughout the whole shop on better speakers helps. I know they did it as part of a medley but that doesn't do the song any justice.

Also would love to hear a live version of Shine on me from the New ways album and Thank him for today.
    Ask any girl is another they could have done to promote the album. Just love Diana's dramatic intro and music and Flo and Mary's harmonies throughout the song.

Quote Originally Posted by TYK1986 View Post
    They've been playing Stoned Love and Automatically sunshine quite a few times at work lately. I think automatically sunshine should have been promoted a bit more. The song definitely has grown on me the last couple of weeks. I think hearing it throughout the whole shop on better speakers helps. I know they did it as part of a medley but that doesn't do the song any justice.

Also would love to hear a live version of Shine on me from the New ways album and Thank him for today.
    Ask any girl is another they could have done to promote the album. Just love Diana's dramatic intro and music and Flo and Mary's harmonies throughout the song.
    Agree about "Shine On Me" and "Ask Any Girl". Nuts that these never made it into any of the live shows.

"Automatically Sunshine", IMO, had "hit" written all over it. Maybe if they had done more TV work with it, it could've caught on more. I much prefer "Sunshine" to "Floy Joy".

Probably unrelated to this topic, but I usually have "Motown" playing from iHeart radio, and it seems I hear "Floy Joy" more often than another 70's Supremes song.