[REMOVE ADS]

Three Degrees identification.

Can anyone identify the lady on the left? When was she in the group?

Miguel Brown?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Miguel Brown?
    If that is her....then I'm assuming the one in the middle isn't Helen Scott? Boy am I
    confused...as she apparently was filling in for Helen Scott?

In 1986, she filled in for The Three Degrees singer Helen Scott while Scott was pregnant. Brown helped the Degrees as they had a single called "This Is The House" to promote around Europe.[9]
    Last edited by lakeside; 03-29-2021 at 05:30 PM.

That's definitely Helen in the middle. Maybe it's not an official publicity photo, but something more casual/social?

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    That's definitely Helen in the middle. Maybe it's not an official publicity photo, but something more casual/social?
    I was thinking the same, sans. Thanks Luke. I think that is Miquel Brown. Wasn't
    there a 'Victoria' in the group at one time? I guess I need to brush up on my
    Three Degrees history.

You guys will get a charge out of this........being the country bumpkin that I was back in the disco era, all I knew was what you would hear on the radio or see on the shelves. So I assumed at the time that Miguel Brown was a man. I figured the song "So Many Men, So Little Time" was likely a campy drag queen anthem, and I never saw an album jacket or photo to prove otherwise. So it is a surprise to find out now that she was a lovely lady, and even more of a surprise to read her Wikipedia bio and see the connections to Amii and Sinitta, two others that I have enjoyed over the years. As for the first name, is it Miguel with a G or Miquel with a Q? I have never been quite sure of that either.

Members timeline[edit]

1963 1963–66 1966–67 1967 1967 1967–76 1976–86 1986 1986–87 1987–88 1988–89 1989–2010 2011–present
    Fayette Pinkney Helen Scott Miquel Brown Helen Scott
    Linda Turner Janet Harmon Sundray Tucker Sonia Goring Valerie Holiday
    Shirley Porter Helen Scott Sheila Ferguson Vera Brown Rhea Harris Victoria Wallace Cynthia Garrison Freddie Pool

• Sundray Tucker [[Cindy Scott) had a brief spell with the trio in 1967 [[alongside Ferguson and Pinkney) as did Sonia Goring of The Chantels, who also stood in for some shows during the same year before being replaced by Valerie Holiday, who has now been active in the group for over 50 years.
    • Miquel Brown filled in for Scott while she was pregnant in 1986 [[alongside Ferguson and Holiday). Scott returned to the group before Ferguson decided to leave later that year and was replaced by Vera Brown of The Ritchie Family.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    Can anyone identify the lady on the left? When was she in the group?
    Left to Right Rhea Harris, Helen Scott and Valerie Holiday

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOWNLYNDA View Post
    Left to Right Rhea Harris, Helen Scott and Valerie Holiday
    Thank you, Lynda.