[REMOVE ADS]

Totally forgotten hits

I love to re-find forgotten music from my youth.

I just re-found “Shame Shame” by the Magic Laterns. I don’t think it is ever played on the oldies channels.

Can you think of other forgotten hits?

Good grief!!! How long have you got????????????

Seriously I would not even know where to start so I will let others run with it if they want to.

Wow,this is gonna be great, let's see-baby that's enough[roscoe robinson-1966]this soul classic is never played these days by these so-called[oldies stations] i'll always love you[the spinners]-candy[the astors]-i'll never do you wrong[joe tex]-do you wanna dance[bobby freeman]-she blew a good thing[the poets]-hey girl don't bother me[the tams]-if i didn't love you[chuck jackson]-thank you john[willie tee]-you can run[jerry butler]-get my hands on some lovin[the artistics]-welcome home[walter jackson]-along came jones[the coasters]-a rockin good way[brook and dinah]-you talk too much[joe jones]-farewell[the ethics]-music for my mother[funkadelic]-ta ta[clyde mcphatter]-please baby please[the sensations]-it'll never be over for me[baby washington]-eloise hang on in there[william bell]-you're the one[the marvelettes]-i'm so thankful[the ikettes].

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Wow,this is gonna be great, let's see-baby that's enough[roscoe robinson-1966]this soul classic is never played these days by these so-called[oldies stations] i'll always love you[the spinners]-candy[the astors]-i'll never do you wrong[joe tex]-do you wanna dance[bobby freeman]-she blew a good thing[the poets]-hey girl don't bother me[the tams]-if i didn't love you[chuck jackson]-thank you john[willie tee]-you can run[jerry butler]-get my hands on some lovin[the artistics]-welcome home[walter jackson]-along came jones[the coasters]-a rockin good way[brook and dinah]-you talk too much[joe jones]-farewell[the ethics]-music for my mother[funkadelic]-ta ta[clyde mcphatter]-please baby please[the sensations]-it'll never be over for me[baby washington]-eloise hang on in there[william bell]-you're the one[the marvelettes]-i'm so thankful[the ikettes].
    Well, I remember most of them.

144,where's your list?? Don't be shy..this is fun...crazy little mama[the el dorados]something i wanna tell you[johnny and the expressions]hey there lonely boy[ruby and the romantics]the clock[baby washington]daytripper[the vontastics]sleepwalk[santo an johnny]you've got your troubles[nancy wilson]it won't hurt[the o'jays]peanuts[the thrillers].

144,where's your list?? Don't be shy..this is fun...crazy little mama[the el dorados]something i wanna tell you[johnny and the expressions]hey there lonely boy[ruby and the romantics]the clock[baby washington]daytripper[the vontastics]sleepwalk[santo an johnny]you've got your troubles[nancy wilson]it won't hurt[the o'jays]peanuts[the thrillers].
    Sleepwalk by Santo and Johnny is certainly great and very rarely heard.

also, Wives and Lovers and The Race is On, both by Jack Jones.
    Last edited by Circa 1824; 04-04-2021 at 08:38 PM.

I watched Godzilla vs Kong earlier this week and it opened with Bobby Vinton's version of Over The Mountain, Across The Sea which was a distant second to the original by Johnny and Joe. I've been playing this version for the past several days on my computer and in my head:

Chuck Berry singing "It Wasn't Me [Baby]" for an Amazon Prime grocery delivery.
    Hard to get it out of my head. Wish it would keep going. When can you say
    that about a TV commercial?

Of course, nothing by Chuck Berry can be "totally forgotten."
    Last edited by 9A; 04-07-2021 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    I love to re-find forgotten music from my youth.

I just re-found “Shame Shame” by the Magic Laterns. I don’t think it is ever played on the oldies channels.

Can you think of other forgotten hits?
    Take a look at the thread "Word Association" sometime. It is probably near the top of Clubhouse here? You would love it.
    Last edited by 9A; 04-07-2021 at 10:34 AM.

Truly yours[the spinners]

Funny[walter jackson]...slow down heart[temptations]...i like your lovin[chi-lites]... I'm alright[lil anthony an the imperials]...memphis tennessee[chuck berry].

This is hard for me as I don't know what were hits over there.
    How about
    Oo Wee Baby I Love You - Fred Hughes
    Mama Didn't Lie - Jan Bradley
    The Sweetest Thing This Side of Heaven = Chris Bartley
    Hallelujah - The Invitations
    Jerk And Twine - Jackie Ross
    Gone for Good - O.V. Wright

Now you're talkin 144man,[gone for good] [the sweetest thing this side of heaven] are killers,keep em comin!!

This is gonna sound weird but I didn't hear Chris Bartley's The Sweetest Thing til years after I'd been enjoying the version by The Presidents. If I'm remembering right it was a
    b-side of 5 10 15 20 [[25 years of love). The Temptations apparently liked it too as Otis
    referrenced the lyrics on their Live At London's Talk Of The Town...

Hey splanky,do you remember the little known[alone with no love-the contemplations-1969]? Didn't sell a hundred copies when releaesed but today is much sought after[a copy goes for 500.00]if you can find one.

Hey splanky,do you remember the little known[alone with no love-the contemplations-1969]? Didn't sell a hundred copies when releaesed but today is much sought after[a copy goes for 500.00]if you can find one.
    Never heard of it until you brought it up. Had to check it out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgWheivm3-E

Hey splanky,i got another groove for ya,this one is a b-side though[forever-major lance..a-side-without a doubt]if you can get a listen you'll dig this one from the major.

Forever looks like it's a tune Major himself co wrote with a E. Record. I wonder if that's
    Eugene Record of the Chilites. It is a nice groove....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12OdiueRddA

More than likely it is him, eugene was a great songwriter who also wrote for others.