[REMOVE ADS]

"Best Years of My Life" Diana Ross Fishnet Stocking

Love Diana Ross' vocals and music of this song. Great video! Fishnet stocking has a hole in middle thigh. I like that this video piece was left in the video! Show Business is not always perfection.
    On a side note, the beautiful bridge section -" I wanna thank you " should have been inserted earlier in the song and more often.
    Another case of had this song been entitled,
    "I Want to Thank You" it would have been a massive hit. " Best Years of My Life" in parentheses could have appeared below the song title.
    "I Want to Thank You"
    [[Best Years of My Life).
    This song has great lyrics. It also could be a great duet song. Who would you have singing the duet with Diana Ross?

Quote Originally Posted by TNSUN View Post
    Love Diana Ross' vocals and music of this song. Great video! Fishnet stocking has a hole in middle thigh. I like that this video piece was left in the video! Show Business is not always perfection.
    On a side note, the beautiful bridge section -" I wanna thank you " should have been inserted earlier in the song and more often.
    Another case of had this song been entitled,
    "I Want to Thank You" it would have been a massive hit. " Best Years of My Life" in parentheses could have appeared below the song title.
    "I Want to Thank You"
    [[Best Years of My Life).
    This song has great lyrics. It also could be a great duet song. Who would you have singing the duet with Diana Ross?
    interesting ideas. It was a good song that needed a bigger production and better producer. Hey, nothing new about that in the Ross world of recordings.

Quote Originally Posted by TNSUN View Post
    Who would you have singing the duet with Diana Ross?
    Obviously, she should have done it with Luther Vandross! Too bad he didn't know the song, but he definitely gives it his best shot.
    https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3zmyt

My first duet singer ideal choice was Luther Vandross. Luther's production skills would have soared this song. Just imagine the vocal chemistry between Diana Ross and Luther Vandross on the bridge, "I Want to Thank You" - of course in my version, the name of the song!

this song has never done much for me. i lump it into the "oprah sway and singalong" songs. lol meaning she'd do this on one of her appearances on the show, Oprah would be out in the audience tearing up, swaying her arms all around. the interview would have mostly just repeated how oprah idolized diana

basically it's all just a bit too saccharine for me

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    this song has never done much for me. i lump it into the "oprah sway and singalong" songs. lol meaning she'd do this on one of her appearances on the show, Oprah would be out in the audience tearing up, swaying her arms all around. the interview would have mostly just repeated how oprah idolized diana

basically it's all just a bit too saccharine for me
    It's one of her own personal favourites. She loved to perform it in concert.