[REMOVE ADS]

"All of You" Diana Ross and Julio Iglesias

The Remix by Kike Summer highlights Richard Perry's production skills. He gloriously knew how to shine Ms.Ross' pristine vocal gifts.This is why "Baby It's Me" is such an enjoyable album: every song shines!
    Last edited by TNSUN; 03-23-2021 at 04:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TNSUN View Post
    The Remix by Kike Summer highlights Richard Perry's production skills. He gloriously knew how to shine Ms.Ross' pristine vocal gifts.This is why "Baby It's Me" is such an enjoyable album: every song shines!
    Richard Perry was one of thè few producers who fully understood Ms Ross's vocal capabilities. He did fantastic work with the Pointers, Barbra and many others too. He was a producer's producer who pushed her hard in the studio. She resented that, but the wonderful results fully justified his unpleasantness in the studio. How i wish she had done another album with this guy.
    I love this version. Thanks for posting.

I don’t want to trash down Iglesias but Diana sings so much better than him, that it’s shocking. Johnny Mathis would have been a perfect partner for this glossy one.

Quote Originally Posted by Albator View Post
    I don’t want to trash down Iglesias but Diana sings so much better than him, that it’s shocking. Johnny Mathis would have been a perfect partner for this glossy one.
    I agree. Almost anyone would have been a better fit than Julio.
    Stevie would have been a good partner for her on this song or maybe Neil Diamond.

Can someone link a video or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I agree. Almost anyone would have been a better fit than Julio.
    Stevie would have been a good partner for her on this song or maybe Neil Diamond.
    i like their combination of voices but IMO the heavy 80s-esque echo effect impacts his vocals more. with his heavy accent it makes his english much more challenging to understand.

and at the time i do remember him being viewed as quite the daddy sex symbol. the sexy latin lover and the glamorous black diva. i think the pairing was quite strong. I think a whole album would have been too much. but i wouldn't have minded a second track.

I wish his label and RCA weren't competing with single releases. After All Of You was moving up the charts, RCA released Swept Away so the were competing against one another, stunting both of their chart peaks

Funny how many didn't like his voice, yet by this duet he'd sold like a bazillion records worldwide.

I always thought of this duet as something similar to Eddie Money and Ronnie, George Michael and Aretha, Michael McDonald and Patti, Steve Windwood and Chaka, Pet Shop Boys and Dusty; pair up an aging diva in hopes to get a hit. In all these cases, it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Funny how many didn't like his voice, yet by this duet he'd sold like a bazillion records worldwide.
    Yes he has sold more records than almost any other male singer. He certainly has a distinctive voice and i can understand why so many people are taken with him.
    It is by no means the first time a multi million selling performer has left me underwhelmed.
    The likes of Janet Jackson, Bobby Brown and more recently Taylor Swift have sold many millions but leave me stone cold.
    It's all a matter of personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Yes he has sold more records than almost any other male singer. He certainly has a distinctive voice and i can understand why so many people are taken with him.
    It is by no means the first time a multi million selling performer has left me underwhelmed.
    The likes of Janet Jackson, Bobby Brown and more recently Taylor Swift have sold many millions but leave me stone cold.
    It's all a matter of personal preference.
    and don't forget Paula Abdul lol