[REMOVE ADS]

Southbound freeway.

Here is a song that came out of Tera Shirma a few years back. The band was an interesting group, two of which left Harvard to start a Rock & Roll band. Yes, their high achieving Jewish parents were so proud. But the song is excellent, vocally and lyrically. However I would lose the record by releasing it at a time when record pressing was on hold due to a strike. I was talked into the release and the band appeared on a local music show and blew everyone away. But timing is everything and by the time I had product the momentum dried up.
    The song would eventually go through a couple of more labels but it was too late. Nada. But check it out. I had high hopes for this band at one time.

https://youtu.be/s93D30OdLZw
    Last edited by ralpht; 03-19-2021 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    "Southbound Freeway / Psychedelic Used Car Lot Blues" -- great song. Should have been a hit. Produced by our old friend Fred Saxon.

good stuff!! love this line about the car:

It was owned by a famous rock n roll star who only drove it to the bank each day.

ha ha my kinda lyric ![[ fun .... sort of Alley Oop meets California Soul sounding)

looks like the one guy is sleeved way back then .....

Boogie, there's more. The dude with the shades was nearly 7 feet tall.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Boogie, there's more. The dude with the shades was nearly 7 feet tall.
    Ha!
    they're kind of tannic ...like Frank Zappa

any particular reason this keeps coming up after it when listening on youtube?

I wonder if that is The Pack of Terry Knight fame? why it is there I'm clueless.