[REMOVE ADS]

Barbara McNair: Motown From the Vault 1966-1969

Although posted in the 2021 Motown reissues thread, some might miss it.

https://barbaramcnair.com/barbara-mc...ult-1966-1969/

She had a most varied and interesting career. Singer, actress, Playboy model too, right? Gorgeous lady. I think a decent actress too. I have the Motown Anthology which has about half a CD devoted to "Barbara Sings Smokey," and she does some great work on some of Robinson's most iconic tunes. She had a somewhat convoluted and sad life, I think though, which is too bad.

Just out of curiosity, how is this homemade CD filled with now-previously released material and no mention of Universal Music in the credits section allowed to be sold--presumably for profit--without being stopped by Universal? Even if the person on this site were handing them out to people for free, I still can't imagine Universal would be approving of this. I'm less bothered by this person doing this than I am by the fact that Universal cracked down hard on someone else doing basically the same thing [[admittedly for profit) and yet something like this just slips through. I think it's the hypocrisy that is making me shake my head. I would think this person was possibly just showing a homemade CD he compiled, but...the "liner notes" seem to address the idea that the songs are "now available to you [[the customer)."

Listen, I love Barbara McNair's Motown work. From all the unreleased material coming out since the Motown Anthology's release years ago, there could've either been a third disc on that set or a second release. I wish Universal would consider official compilation releases on artists such as Barbara who have a wealth of tracks unearthed from or still waiting in the vaults. Then, perhaps, fans wouldn't feel the need to fill the void of releases. Hmmmm...

Can't Find the track listing for the CD it's only 30 mins long.
    Anyone got the track listing? please

It's on Amazon in the US but not in the UK [[yet?)
    It's an outfit I have not come across before presume its legit issue?

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluckyme View Post
    Although posted in the 2021 Motown reissues thread, some might miss it.

https://barbaramcnair.com/barbara-mc...ult-1966-1969/
    I have to say this looks VERY suspect

This looks quite nice - the tracklist is shown on the photo.

01 You've Got Possibilities
    02 A World Without You
    03 All I Want Is A Little Bit Of Love
    04 Day In - Day Out
    05 Lost
    06 Put On A Happy Face
    07 Smile
    08 The Second Time Around
    09 If I Am Lucky
    10 The Real You
    11 Ain't It A Shame
    12 The Good Times Are Gone

I'm certain that it's another bootleg. If it is UMe will put a stop to it.

All of these tracks have already been released on the 1966 & 1967 Motown unissued series and Cellar Full of Motown issues. This is just wrong, if you want any of the tracks that are listed then you can just download any of them from Amazon, then Motown and or any artists benefit.

I would avoid this one as well. Sure looks like a quickie rush job to cash in on tracks which have been officially released elsewhere. The Anthology [[on Spectrum, I think) is well worth seeking out and has a wealth of material previously unreleased as well as both her Motown albums in complete form.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    I would avoid this one as well. Sure looks like a quickie rush job to cash in on tracks which have been officially released elsewhere. The Anthology [[on Spectrum, I think) is well worth seeking out and has a wealth of material previously unreleased as well as both her Motown albums in complete form.
    The problem here has been addressed and is currently being looked into

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    I'm certain that it's another bootleg. If it is UMe will put a stop to it.
    When do the copyrights revert to her estate? Universal gets to profit exclusively from the music forever and ever? I think we'd get more music if artists or their estates had control over 50+ year old copyrights.

I ordered from Amazon, but a few days later, got an email from them saying the CD is not going to be available, and the order was cancelled. I've sent a couple of emails to the Barbara McNair website, asking how to purchase the disc, but so far, no responses.

Quote Originally Posted by mistercarter2u View Post
    I ordered from Amazon, but a few days later, got an email from them saying the CD is not going to be available, and the order was cancelled. I've sent a couple of emails to the Barbara McNair website, asking how to purchase the disc, but so far, no responses.
    I guess the Spectrum label's "Motown Anthology" has gotten quite expensive. Too bad. Obviously, a buyer would be tempted by the bootleg but this one seems pretty inferior as far as the track listing goes.

https://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Moto...6520637&sr=8-5