[REMOVE ADS]

For vinyl and Candy and the Kisses fans from Dusty Groove

Candy & The Kisses
    Scepter Sessions [[butterscotch vinyl pressing)

LP [[Item 978502) Scepter/Sundazed, Mid 60s — Condition: New Copy

$23.99 ... LP, Vinyl record album

List Price: 24.99

Pre-Release: This item will not be delivered to you before Friday, March 19.

Add to
    Watch List
    Add to Order
    Add to Cart

Related searches

Candy & The Kisses
    Scepter
    Scepter [[label)
    Sundazed
    Sundazed [[label)
    Soul [[CD, LP)

The first-ever full length album of work by Candy & The Kisses – a really great east coast girl group who recorded these tracks for Scepter Records in the mid 60s! The trio are great – and have a way of snapping sweetly and hitting a groove that might have sounded very familiar with a bit of Motown polish, but which is maybe even nicer here with some looser handling by Scepter – a nice sort of bite that's a bit like The Exciters at times! The label only issued a few singles by the group back in the day, which means that eight of the tracks here are previously unissued, and one more was only ever released as a promo track – brought together to give the world a long-overdue full picture of this really lovely group from Staten Island. There's a number of early Ashford & Simpson compositions in the mix – and titles include "The Last Time", "Out In The Streets Again", "I'll Settle For You", "Let Love Win", "Together", "Are You Trying To Get Rid Of Me", "Looky Looky What I Got", "Keep On Searchin", "You Did The Best You Could", "Smokey Joe's

Interesting release. I was totally unaware that they had any Scepter recordings. They were principally successful in the greater Philadelphia marketing area with their Cameo
    releases - the most famous was "The 81."