[REMOVE ADS]

The Supremes Live At Lake Tahoe

I remember reading that this was a show that was recorded for a potential album release. I believe it was late '65 or early '66 when it was supposed to have been recorded. Andy or George, does this recording exist in the vaults? Anyone know what the setlist looked like?

Like the unreleased Roostertail album, the set list might have had too many repeats from the Copa album.

I have a bootleg of the Roostertail show [[although some songs have since been revealed to be leftovers from the Copa). Because there are no repeats, a lot of hits are left out and IMO, the line-up comes off as sort of dry.

Maybe the same happened with the Tahoe set, although there is also an unissued Billy Eckstein album with the same title. I don't think the Supremes played Nevada until later in 1966.

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    I remember reading that this was a show that was recorded for a potential album release. I believe it was late '65 or early '66 when it was supposed to have been recorded. Andy or George, does this recording exist in the vaults? Anyone know what the setlist looked like?
    i think that's an erroneous concert. In a motown discography in some book, there was mention of a DRATS Live album from Lake Tahoe. now i'll be the first to admit that my excel data is nowhere near 100% accurate. but I don't know of any Lake Tahoe dates for the group while Diana was a member.

also i think the unreleased album number that this was associated with was an unreleased Live album by Billie Eckstein. not the supremes. so i think it was a typo that the fans spread

Yeah I saw that in a thread under the Motown sub and it made me think of the supposed live Supremes show. I know the shows are often repeats but I do think it'd be interesting to hear a show from this period. I know they were doing Fancy Passes in their shows in early '66.

as for the show lineup for late 65 and into 66, that's a great question

how many of the tunes from Copa 65 continued that far out?

during Copa, they used From This Moment On, Put on a Happy Face and Tonight as different openers. Seems like Face is the one that stuck - but did they do the other two on and off for a while?

Rock a Bye - we have that from Copa 65 and we have pics of the DMF in the top hats and canes at San Fran's Fairmont from May 66. so i think that would still be in the show

Queen of the House and Make Someone Happy were most likely still in

hits - Baby Love, Come See, Stop, Symphony, Back in my arms again. guessing Nothing But Heartaches and Where were out.

Yesterday - this had just been released in Aug by the Beatles. it might be a bit early to assume the girls would be singing this.

Sam Cooke - definitely their encore number still

You're nobody - yep, still in i bet

Somewhere - most likely still in too

People - that was also most likely in too

Actually it could be possible since the girls did do Where the action is at Big Bear or Lake Arrowhead and they could have easily swung up to Tahoe and did a live show

i think if they did play Tahoe it would have been later. when they did Where The Action Is in early 65, they hadn't played the big supper clubs yet. so not sure Tahoe would have wanted them at that point.

it is surprising they didn't play there at all with Diana. but again, i'm just going off of the data i've collected so far. they could have done shows there and I just don't know about it yet