[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    When I first heard "What a Fool Believes" by Michael McDonald on the radio, I thought it was C.P. Spencer of the Originals initially.

Ok let's see...chuck jackson-paul williams...jerry butler-joe simon...!

Lee Garrett - Stevie Wonder

Quote Originally Posted by nosey View Post
    When I first heard "What a Fool Believes" by Michael McDonald on the radio, I thought it was C.P. Spencer of the Originals initially.
    Nosey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dcHG...eature=related

No no no no noooooooooooo

It's CP for me every time!

*smile*

You can hear CP Spencer backing on many Motown songs. Listen to this one and try to pick out his distinctive voice.....listen at 2:39 for his solo performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOXS96PfLPY

Ted Taylor and Russell Thompkins,Jr.

Bert Robinson and Teddy Pendergrass
    DeNitra Champ and Aretha Franklin, especially on the Jesus Whoop song.

Sandra Feva [[Richardson) - Gladys Knight

Sandra did a lot of demos for Gladys when Gladys was on the road to help her learn new material, etc.

Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by arrr&bee View Post
    Ok let's see...chuck jackson-paul williams...jerry butler-joe simon...!
    add Louis Price to the Jerry Butler-Joe Simon comparison!

Quote Originally Posted by lorraineC View Post
    Sandra Feva [[Richardson) - Gladys Knight

Sandra did a lot of demos for Gladys when Gladys was on the road to help her learn new material, etc.

Lorraine
    Didn't she also back up Aretha for a while?

Sharon McMann and Gracie Darnell..........

uptight Guest
    A few years ago, my nephew thought Yarbrough & Peoples' "Don't Stop The Music" was Stevie Wonder. And I could hear the similarity.

Similarly, I thought Belita Woods from Brainstorm could sound like Stevie.

I knew someone who thought Wild Cherry's "Play That Funky Music" was The Commodores [[sounding like Walter Orange).

Sidney Joe Qualls sounds very much like Al Green. Have a listen to his "How Can You Say Goodbye"!! Amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpvUvYHjGNQ

Any others?

mck hucknall/simply red---carly simon

hey all,thought i would chime in. while this is not an almost exactly' i have felt for many years that there is a strong similarity between mick hucknall of simply red and carly simon. does anyone here hear that as well and agree? also a young todd rundgren/young daryl hall and a young david gates had strong similarities at times to me,esprcially between daryl and todd. maybe it~s because both are philly boys and good friends.lol. the magic lanterns on the chorus of shame,shame sound like the beach boys. how about first class`s beach baby sounding like the beach boys? the newbeats; i think the song was called run back into my arms or something similar to that; the male singer to me sounds like gary lewis of the playboys. i can think of a zillion of these i guess..lol for another post....greg

Tommie Young/Aretha Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
    Attachment 2901
    Jackie Wilson and Eddie Holland.

Brian Holland and Eddie Holland

We should do a thread on people with unique voices-who have a voice so distinct, one could NEVER mistake anyone for them:

Leon Peels, Ray Pollard, Emanuel Lasky, Lee Andrews, Sollie McElroy, Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf
    Pearl Bailey!

When she did musicals like "Carmen Jones" she was the only one whose singing voice wasn't dubbed! Even those who were singers like Harry Belafonte and Diahann Carroll got dubbed in "Carmen Jones." They probably figured everyone would know it wasn't Pearl if they used someone else.
    Last edited by kenneth; 07-12-2011 at 02:09 AM.

uptight Guest
    Carl Hall and Vermettya Royster

more similarities

how about andy kim sounding like[[and looks too) neil diamond on rock me gently and the stompers from boston[[my hometown btw) with a neil sound on one broken heart for sale in 82 or 83. bobby vee imitating buddy holly in some songs. tommy roe`s sheila of course deliberately buddy-ish. [[lol..i must be the only person here who ever said buddy-ish.lol). here`s a bizarre recent example..that bowling for soup song from about 5-6 years ago that goes"springsteen,madonna"..kind of an 80s tribute song. i remember hearing that and thinking for sure[[and it still sounds that way to me now)that it was weird al yankovich! fits with what he would record too. ..here`s some more related thread ideas...intros,outros,instrumental sections,and just snippets of music[[no sampling of course considered or rerecords of original music with a new singer,etc.)that uncannily remind you of things from other songs. and here`s an ingenious thread if i say so myself. singers who had a knack/penchant/ability of sounding different[[in some cases extremely different)from song to song. one who could adjust a voice to fit a different genre of music. in other words singers who were vocal chameleons/singers with chops that were skitso.lol . also a great thread idea..things said by music people that were irreconcilable,,didn`t make any sense or perhaps unjustifiably mean-spirited perhaps? i`m going to start those threads soon. hope you enjoy them as much as i do.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Didn't she also back up Aretha for a while?
    She did Marv2 and Sandra's daughter did too.

Lorraine