[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Polhill View Post
    The Young Ones.
    Thanks, Roger. Mysterysinger had already steered me toward "The Young Ones" in the previous post. Are you a fan of the Cliff Richard movies? Other than 2-minute segments on YouTube, I've never seen them in their entirety. But I AM a huge fan of his 1970s-Current music CDs. The guy has produced some excellent music.

Gary, I was a big fan of the Shadows in the early days when Jet Harris was playing bass and their material were mainly originals.Their first 2 LPs were great then they started doing contractual obligations and they lost their sound when they swapped from Fenders to Burns guitars."Move It" was great for Cliff and "Me And My Shadows" my favourite LP.

Gary, I was a big fan of the Shadows in the early days when Jet Harris was playing bass and their material were mainly originals.Their first 2 LPs were great then they started doing contractual obligations and they lost their sound when they swapped from Fenders to Burns guitars."Move It" was great for Cliff and "Me And My Shadows" my favourite LP.
    "Me And My Shadows" -- what a great album title for Cliff and his group, Roger! I never got into Cliff's early work because, here in the U.S., we already had Elvis Presley to satisfy our early rock 'n' roll needs. After discovering Cliffs amazingly-impressive longevity in the record biz a few years ago, I researched his CD catalog and discovered that I prefer his 1970s recordings up to the present. What I'm wondering about is a result of discovering the video [[4 posts above for mysterysinger) of the stage version of "Summer Vacation" starring Darren Day & The Shadows. Are these the same Shadows who were in Cliff's band in the movie version of "Summer Vacation"? They seem awfully young to qualify for that, but what do I know? I'm also left wondering why they used Darren Day instead of Cliff Richard for the above-linked stage version. That's NOT at all a complaint because this Dennis Day performer is excellent, as are the lineup of Shadows who appear in the above-mentioned stage show. Their harmonies are gorgeous! It just seems odd to me that, for the stage version, they would use the same Shadows who appeared in the movie version of "Summer Holiday" with Cliff, but not use Cliff along with them for the stage version.

Gary, I`ve never heard of the stage show and it wouldn`t have been the original band.
    I was over them by 1963 and then I heard "Heat Wave" and that was the end of pop music for me.

Gary, I`ve never heard of the stage show and it wouldn`t have been the original band.
    I was over them by 1963 and then I heard "Heat Wave" and that was the end of pop music for me.
    Roger, if you're interested in hearing the stage version I'm referring to, here's the link. If not, no problem. I was surprised that I liked it! And you're right, Cliff Richard's Shadows would be much older than these younger guys. I'm just surprised that they can call themselves The Shadows when the real Shadows are still alive.

https://youtu.be/f871pBIIOmA

[QUOTE=Philles/Motown Gary;615789] And you're right, Cliff Richard's Shadows would be much older than these younger guys. I'm just surprised that they can call themselves The Shadows when the real Shadows are still alive. /QUOTE]

But it's not unusual to have actors playing the part of the main characters as in "The Temptations - The Movie" or "Motown - The Musical".

I'll start a Cliff thread as it's not really a Marvelettes thing lol.

Good idea, Mystery. I got carried away here on The Marvelettes' thread. I'm sorry about that. [[No disrespect to The Marvelettes. I love Wanda, Gladys & Katherine!) Let me just say that, regarding the Temptations' movie, it never said starring The Temptations. The stage version of "Summer Holiday", however, said starring Darren Day & The Shadows. That's where the discrepancy lies.