[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson EXPANDED EDITION

Out on 16th April ...
    Name:  redhota.jpg
Views: 1237
Size:  32.8 KB

Digital download only.

https://theseconddisc.com/2021/03/05...7MSjYq5T3kuwLo

Of course this is good news but as the comments many of you have put in the blog announcing the release, unbelievable there won’t be a physical format for this release. I’ll hold off until there is one.

You do realize that not supporting even digital releases will guarantee they'll just give up on releasing stuff altogether. As for me, I just have a couple of words: ABOUT! EFFING! TIME!

Quote Originally Posted by DJMoch View Post
    You do realize that not supporting even digital releases will guarantee they'll just give up on releasing stuff altogether. As for me, I just have a couple of words: ABOUT! EFFING! TIME!
    There’s another thread on this release in the proper form and it indicates a CD is forthcoming. I’m happy about that.

and I agree with you on the latter comment LOL

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Of course this is good news but as the comments many of you have put in the blog announcing the release, unbelievable there won’t be a physical format for this release. I’ll hold off until there is one.
    I feel your pain, Kenny. I, too, was disappointed and somewhat shocked that, given Mary's recent passing, Universal didn't see fit to release this title as a physical CD. My desktop PC bit the dust recently, so I can no longer buy a download and burn it to CD. For me, it's back to physical CD or nothing.

Why on earth would Universal do a physical release on a sales disaster? This is a business, not a wish fulfillment factory. The last time I spoke with mary and she told me about the impending release I have to admit I didn’t think it was going to happen as I’ve been hearing it for quite a while and nothing happened.

that being said, I’m thrilled it came out at all and feel Mary’s memory deserves the fullest support from her fans. I respect but do not understand folks that don’t buy music simply because it’s download only when they would like to have the music. In this particular case however, send some love a appreciation Mary’s way, I think exceptions might be made in Mary’s honor. MAYBE, if there’s an impressive response, we might get more.

❤️❤️Love, hugs and kisses to Andy and George and whoever else is responsible!❤️❤️

This really should be posted in/moved to the DRATS Forum.

I know I read and heard Andy say it will be released in the physical format also. But when? I hate that gawd awful green border.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    Why on earth would Universal do a physical release on a sales disaster? This is a business, not a wish fulfillment factory. The last time I spoke with mary and she told me about the impending release I have to admit I didn’t think it was going to happen as I’ve been hearing it for quite a while and nothing happened.
    Yes, it is a business and not a "wish fulfillment factory," whatever that is. But if they want my business, there will need to be a physical CD.

Why on earth would Universal do a physical release on a sales disaster? This is a business, not a wish fulfillment factory.
    Alright, relax already. If people choose to wait for a physical CD release for whatever reason, that's their/our prerogative. The last thing people need from you is a lecture! As it turns out, you were wrong. According to reports, Mary's new release is indeed being released on CD on April 16.

Good news! Count me among the ones that will still prefer and will still buy CDs as long as they keep making them.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    This really should be posted in/moved to the DRATS Forum.
    Technically you're right; but I think this is a special case and of interest to the wider membership.

Why on earth would Universal do a physical release on a sales disaster? This is a business, not a wish fulfillment factory...
    Mary Wilson had a high enough profile for her death to be reported as lead news on BBC Radio in the UK. Surely this alone would be enough to make the argument in favour of the economic viability of a physical release to tie in.