[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson - Why Can't We All Get Along

my heart is bleeding

This is wonderful. Sounds like a recent-ish recording. Unable to find any info on the internet at the mo.

Yeah, this sounds fairly new. I don't particularly care for it, but Mary sounds great.

We feel your pain Brett.

From The Second Disc:

An all-new single streaming now with special relevance to the world in which we live, “Why Can’t We All Get Along.” The latter was produced by Richard Davis of Gold Forever Music, a publishing company established by Mary’s old friend and collaborator Eddie Holland. The poignant song was written by Davis and Angelo Bond, co-writer of Freda Payne’s 1971 anthem “Bring the Boys Home.”

Yes, this track was produced by Richard Davis, for the Holland Brothers' group. She started with those sessions in 2002 or 2003, which yielded this new single, along with "Life's Been Good To Me" and "Darling Mother", which were released previously. There are other songs that she had worked on, including one called "Quest". I'm guessing the remainder of those tracks will be released later on by Universal. Here's hoping!

Mary's 'new' song is wonderful and even if it's been kicking around for some years now, feels ever so timely! I too am hoping the second Mary Wilson release they're talking about is the full album she recorded with Richard Davis. If I recall correctly, it was slated to be called 'Clarity' at one point? Whatever it will be called, I just hope we can hear it, at long last.

Very excited to have a new song to hold us over until more of those sessions are released! I'm happy that her debut finally is seeing a digital release and that Universal is putting this and another album out later.