[REMOVE ADS]

Final interview with Mary Wilson 'What's Happening Baby' special on PBS

This article says the show is on PBS this Saturday, but it doesn't appear in to be on NYC PBS station channel 13. There is a clip of her interview in the link below, but I already saw that clip - I probably saw it one of our threads.
    But aside from the interview, the show looks very interesting and I hope it turns up in NY area soon. A lot of my favorite artists are on it and I am old enough to remember NYC DJ Murry the K

Melody Baetens
    The Detroit News
    Longtime member of the Supremes Mary Wilson, who died last month of heart disease, will be featured in the “long unseen” music television special “What’s Happening Baby.”

Airing on PBS Saturday night – which would have been Wilson’s 77th birthday – the 1965 CBS special was hosted by New York DJ Murray the K and included performances by Motown artists the Supremes, the Miracles and the Temptations, plus other acts of the day like Ray Charles, Dionne Warwick, the Righteous Brothers, Marvin Gaye, Tom Jones, Jonny Rivers and Herman’s Hermits.

More:'The supreme of the Supremes': Mary Wilson was avid ambassador of Detroit, Motown

The “bootlegged” show has been restored from original video and audio master tapes and will air at 7 p.m. Saturday on PBS. The special was originally commissioned by the U.S. government's Office of Economic Opportunity as part of the war on poverty, encouraging young people to get summer jobs.

Saturday’s PBS airing of “What’s Happening Baby” includes Wilson’s last interview, which she did with producer TJ Lubinsky, creator of PBS’ “My Music” specials. He interviewed Wilson via video call just days before her death. Many other artists that were on the original broadcast will appear in segments during Saturday's special to give their recollections of the historic, 56-year-old event.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/en...al/6920431002/

This show is not appearing on my PBS line-up either. Glad to hear I am not the only one. I assume it will be on at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    This article says the show is on PBS this Saturday, but it doesn't appear in to be on NYC PBS station channel 13.
    It begins airing on WNET 13 on April 1, from what I can tell.

https://www.thirteen.org/schedule/?program=44575