[REMOVE ADS]

Talking Favorite Supremes [mary scherrie cindy and susaye 1974-1978 tracks

hello SDF,just wondered what your favorite songs were your favorites from the supremes era at 1974-78.
    heres a few of mine; COLOR MY WORLD BLUE/ GONNA LET MY HEART DO THE WALKING/ SHA LA BANDIT/ IT'S ALL BEEN SAID BEFORE/ BEND A LITTLE / SWEET DREAM MACHINE

what songs or albums do you want to hear first? i want to hear more of the Russ Terrana mix of High Energy, thanks david

after hearing the radio preview and re-listening to my albums and bootleg versions, i'm looking towards:
    -color my world blue, alternate
    -sha-la bandit, another alternate! [[i'll take as many as i can get of this)
    -dance fever, "you can boogie, you can reggae" [[heard that part on the radio preview)
    -Andy said they are not sure who the deep voice on "mr. boogie" is. if it's not Melvin Franklin, then Geoffrey Holder?
    -bend a little, now with the electric piano interlude part
    -seed of love, my bootleg is very poor
    -i can never recover, sounded like a rock song with scherrie leading
    -the single remix only found on the 45 vinyl of "where do i go from here"!
    -give out but don't give up, with just mary on lead
    -sweet dream machine, alternate! [[i really like this song)
    -russ' "i don't want to lose you". on the radio preview it sounded like he used much more reverb.

I have a boot of "early morning love" that is obviously a working version as mary flubs the lyrics, but i really liked how the guitars jammed on it. it won't be appearing here, but was kind of cool.

and it sounded like Susaye gives us her brilliant "adlibs" on her new versions.

thanks Chester, all good points. the radio spotlights were really amazing. i did hear an alte of WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE once and i liked it much better

that version was posted on facebook. i saved the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFZyUlxStJU

Ramone Verona Guest
    Gracias for the youtube address above! This mix is much better with more pronounced horns.
    For me, I am excited to hear the songs and identify where Miss Cindy sings her parts.
    The internet preview was fun to hear. Mr. Skurow should make another appearance after this set comes out and tell further stories on the other tracks.

Susaye and Scherrie have been on Nightflight. they could be on again to talk about these final sessions. Susaye should champion getting the Drury Lane Theater final concert released onto cd or itunes! wink!!

I've tried to upload a review of the last concert and a copy of my programme but the file is too big. So I have put them on...flickr...whatever that is. I hope it works

Here is the link

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52882978@N02/?saved=1

It was 34 years ago.......eeek!
    Last edited by theboyfromxtown; 04-26-2011 at 03:30 AM.

Ramone Verona Guest
    Was that "you" who got up on stage and was declared a "Man"? Is Scherrie making eyes at you?
    Great piece of history. Gracias for sharing. I guess those green gowns were also "the last ones".

Ramone

No chance, I was wearing red, so it would clash with those gowns. HAHA. I'm kidding, no it wasn't me!

I'm so pleased you appreciated my efforts with the pictures. It took me a long time to do it cos I am not very computer literate.

join the club. i still can't figure out how to make an 8-track play in the CD tray!

Oh I know why...

You can only play one track at a time on a cd player, so get the scissors out and start cutting that tape...

HAHAHAHAHHAAHHA

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    I've tried to upload a review of the last concert and a copy of my programme but the file is too big. So I have put them on...flickr...whatever that is. I hope it works

Here is the link

That was a certainly mixed review.

theboyfromxtown,

Really fun to read those reviews, though I do agree, rather snarky! But great to see this memorabilia from the past. Thanks so much for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post

Here is the link

I remember like it was yesterday. I also remember these press clippings from way back when. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ramone Verona View Post
    Was that "you" who got up on stage and was declared a "Man"? Is Scherrie making eyes at you?
    Great piece of history. Gracias for sharing. I guess those green gowns were also "the last ones".
    That guy with them had long blonde hair and wore this weird looking pull over type shirt. He's in some of the pictures that were sent to me back at that time but from a different angle.

Here's a shot from The Farewell Show from my personal collection:

Because of bomb warning and attacks on London at that time, the audience was questioned before entering the auditorium and all cameras were taken away. I had to retrieve mine after the show - it was a nightmare.

Ramone Verona Guest
    Why were The Supremes being bombed?

i think he meant the camera was a bomb and they confiscated it.

"Let Yourself Go"

There were bomb scares in London and tickets holders were being checked as they entered the auditorium.

yes but that still doesn't explain why the supremes were hit with bombs.

Ramone Verona Guest
    You would have to ask the audience as "they were questioned before entering the auditorium". Must have had a pretty good reason to bring bombs loaded in cameras to a supremes concert! Most likely political.

stopinthenameoflove Guest
    It wasn't aimed at The Supremes - The IRA had a campaign of terrorist bombing from the early 70s right through to the 90s - in London and elsewhere in the UK. But public events were often targeted.

This is what happened in the 90's just at the back of the Drury Lane Theatre. A mate just missed being on that bus.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/trevs_o...cs/1966474397/

As I live in the area with these attacks on civilians, I greatly appreciated that checks were being carried out.

Everyone I knew had their camera taken away that evening but I do remember thinking that I would not have been able to get a good picture because it was so dark. That picture above, is just as I remember it and I must have been sitting on the same side of the theatre. However, I do recall seeing a camera flash and you can well imagine that some were upset that someone[[s) managed to get through the check.

Ramone Verona Guest
    This will be "the big" week, folks!! April Showers Bring May Supremes!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramone Verona View Post
    Why were The Supremes being bombed?
    I have been told it was a plot from the RLF.