[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Tour Books/Programs

in the 90s i visited Australia and found an excellent music shop that dealt in memorabilia.. i found a copy of Diana's "Force behind " tour book - "Here and Now" dont ask me why but i took my scissors to it to put some pics on my wall and in scrapbooks [[I wish I hadnt now)..i thought it was a great production and had Diana's personal stamp all the way thru the program..not long ago i got the 1982 tour program with the black cover [[ and yes ive learned my lesson and it will stay in one piece) ive noticed several other tour programs on ebay from the 70s to the 2000s what are they like do they have the attention to detail of the "Here And Now "? interested to hear what the others contain
    Last edited by nomis; 02-23-2021 at 06:16 PM.

I have many Diana programs from concerts over the years. But my fave is the 1977 program from my first Diana concert, the AN EVENING WITH DIANA ROSS tour.

There's a nice opening section written to tell the story of her life up to that point with some rare photos [[for that time) of the four Supremes, the girls in Paris, Diana and David on Ed Sullivan, a baby photo, etc.

Another section spotlights her acting career with shots from MAHOGANY and LADY.

Another section contains some of her sketches for the costumes in MAHOGANY.

Other sections concentrates on some tour stories and her versatility on record. There's also an interesting section what happens when her concert comes to town, how they would have to hire additional musicians, quotes from show director Joe Layton on how Diana had 76 pages of words and music to learn for the show, etc.

The last page of the book features Diana's discography up to that point.

I also really liked the 1982 program, which she sold until 1984 with no change in content except a sticker updating the year.

fascinating info thanks Reese

Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    fascinating info thanks Reese
    And it only cost $3.00!! I thought it was a fortune when she charged $6.00 for the 1982 program.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    And it only cost $3.00!! I thought it was a fortune when she charged $6.00 for the 1982 program.
    lol i love her quirks like this..she prob put the price up again for the same program in '84 !

lol i love her quirks like this..she prob put the price up again for the same program in '84 !
    I bought the 1982 program for $6, cut it up, and was happy that I could buy the same program when I saw her again in 1984. But I don't remember if she changed the price.

I actually got another copy of the 1977 program free from Raydell Publishing. They did a lot of the Motown programs in the 60s, as well as Diana's 1977 program. I wrote to them saying that I would like another copy but only had a small allowance. I guess they had overstock because one day I came home from school and a huge envelope with a new program was waiting for me.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I bought the 1982 program for $6, cut it up, and was happy that I could buy the same program when I saw her again in 1984. But I don't remember if she changed the price.

I actually got another copy of the 1977 program free from Raydell Publishing. They did a lot of the Motown programs in the 60s, as well as Diana's 1977 program. I wrote to them saying that I would like another copy but only had a small allowance. I guess they had overstock because one day I came home from school and a huge envelope with a new program was waiting for me.
    those where exciting days before the likes of Ebay and Amazon.. as a collector when you really had to hunt and try so many ways to get things for your collection but that made the fun of finding something all the more rewarding in the pre internet age

I have most all of Diana Ross’ tour programs from the mid 70s to 2000s. They are all very beautiful.

Name:  diana 2.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  28.7 KB

this 2010 edition is one of my all time favourite Ross photos

Name:  diana 2.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  28.7 KB

this 2010 edition is one of my all time favourite Ross photos
    I remember there being slight differences in versions of this program. I know I ended up with at least two of this one.

There are also [[at least) two different versions with slight differences of the Diana Ross Forever tour book [[2004-2005).