[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Diana Ross TV

Diana Ross TV

As I type this, Diana Ross can be seen on TVone- they are airing Mahogany. At the same time over on one of the Showtime channels, they are airing the Wiz. They have been airing the Wiz regularly for the last 3 months. Then lately on TV you could also catch Diana Ross: Story of her songs. Someone mentioned previously that there was also going to be some story of Diana Ross/ Supremes airing for black history month. Anyone have more info on that one?

So the reason for this thread. After watching her sing “Be a lion”- a favorite of mine, I switched back to Mahogany and it was the scene when Tracy is trying to impress Brian at a restaurant, ordering, speaking Italian [[poorly) and the waiter says “what you want lady, some wine? That cracks me up every time. Then shortly after that comes the “I’m a success” Meeee Mahogany scene. Another favorite.

What are some of your favorite Diana Ross movie scenes?

PS

Just switched to the Wiz, and it’s “a brand new day. My ultimate movie musical scene. So what are your favorite Diana movie moments/scenes?

so many favorite lines from that movie.....[[Mahogany)...... "I wanna go home"

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    As I type this, Diana Ross can be seen on TVone- they are airing Mahogany. At the same time over on one of the Showtime channels, they are airing the Wiz. They have been airing the Wiz regularly for the last 3 months. Then lately on TV you could also catch Diana Ross: Story of her songs. Someone mentioned previously that there was also going to be some story of Diana Ross/ Supremes airing for black history month. Anyone have more info on that one?

So the reason for this thread. After watching her sing “Be a lion”- a favorite of mine, I switched back to Mahogany and it was the scene when Tracy is trying to impress Brian at a restaurant, ordering, speaking Italian [[poorly) and the waiter says “what you want lady, some wine? That cracks me up every time. Then shortly after that comes the “I’m a success” Meeee Mahogany scene. Another favorite.

What are some of your favorite Diana Ross movie scenes?

PS

Just switched to the Wiz, and it’s “a brand new day. My ultimate movie musical scene. So what are your favorite Diana movie moments/scenes?
    Hmm, good question:

A Brand New Day and Home - The Wiz
    You’ve Changed - LSTB - brief, but I love the scene
    Mahogany fashion montage
    Mahogany - final scene. Cheesy, but sweet.
    Billie and Louis fight scene - LSTB
    Louis rescuing Billie after Piano Man’s death, through My Man - LSTB
    At the cabin, toward the end of Double Platinum

Scene from "Lady Sings The Blues". Diana Ross says the line, "I gotta prove it to myself." This is an empowerment scene. My favorite dramatic scene from a movie of many Oscar worthy scene performances by Diana Ross.

I always loved the closing scene in MAHOGANY where Tracy, hidden in the crowd at Brian's campaign rally, yells out "I'm a widow from the South Side..." and all the rest.

The “I’m a widow from the Southside” bit at the unemployment office in Mahogany slays me every time, as do the initial Italian go-see scene [[“If I ever get around to a little ‘cosmetic alteration,’ I’ll be sure to bring it by for each and every one of you to kiss it”) and the atelier meltdown [[“You could understand English mighty well when I bought ‘em...”).

As far as Lady is concerned, where do I begin? “You’re trying to sell soap, right? Everybody knows we don’t...use it” blows me away every time. And the shooing of the crows in The Wiz [[“Go’n ‘bout your business!!”) is a riot.

The scene in "Mahogany" in which Diana Ross remarks about the seamtress' poor sewing skills. Reminds me of Joan Crawford in her prime.

“I want the exposure” followed by that ear shattering slap......Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    “I want the exposure” followed by that ear shattering slap......Ouch.
    She did perform it on a few occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    She did perform it on a few occasions.
    Not the most civilised way of venting ones frustrations. My knee jerk reaction would have been to return the favour lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Not the most civilised way of venting ones frustrations. My knee jerk reaction would have been to return the favour lol.
    I think i replied to the wrong question here Ollie! I think i need to take a rest!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I think i replied to the wrong question here Ollie! I think i need to take a rest!
    LOL. I was a little surprised.

Yup, on board with 'I'm a widow from the South side'. Diana has great comic ability when she chooses!