[REMOVE ADS]

Is the 1979 Mary Wilson lp really set for release?

Mary's birthday is coming up and she announced that Universal was set to release her lone Motown lp with bonus tracks on that day. However, no announcement has been made.

Usually when a celeb passes on there is an uptick in releases. Nothing can replace Mary Wilson for me, but since we are now denied her it would be nice if Universal gave Andy and George the green light for more releases in the coming year while her passing is fresh in the public's mind. The No. 1's cd has gotten some chart action.

From Mary's youtube channel. Yes.
    From universal?
    Rumour is something is coming in March.
    Don't hold your breath

I wonder that now Mary has passed away that there is no one to negotiate with. Mary said she was hoping for a release on her birthday, the company never set a date. Still, it would make sense to release it. I wouldn't know who Mary had left in charge of her affairs, if it was her children I am not entirely sure that they were involved with that aspect. Hopefully Andy and George will be able to release something, as well. She also mentioned unreleased tracks such as Gus Dudgeon and perhaps her Clarity songs may be included. It certainly would be fitting that she be honored with a release.

My guess is Turkessa and Jay Schwartz are in charge of Mary's affairs. She also obviously had a very good relationship with Andy an Universal.

Well, she was on good terms with Pedro for many years, and he is a lawyer. So...

Let's hope. On itunes Supremes #1s is at #3

Jay Schwartz did an interview last week and talks about the Universal release[[s) of Mary's solo material around the 5:39 mark. It sounds like there may be two separate releases that were/are being planned...one of which is likely her solo album recorded in the early 2000's with the Holland Brothers' record label and the other is her 1979 solo album with the extra Gus Dudgeon tracks. Hopefully they both get released. It's encouraging to hear that the head of Universal Music, Bruce Resnikoff, is involved with this project and green lighted it himself. Jay said that perhaps we will see the music released in April. It's sad to hear that a significant press schedule had been booked for Mary to discuss the Supremes' 60th and her solo album release[[s), as we know she would have been so happy about all of that.

https://youtu.be/lurJu2svCaY
    Last edited by carlo; 02-21-2021 at 08:29 PM.

Thank for this video. Mary Wilson by keeping alive the legacy of The Supremes makes every Supremes album more enjoyable.