[REMOVE ADS]

Questlove to Direct New Sly Stone Documentary

Questlove will direct a new documentary about the career and legacy of Sly Stone.
    Per a release, the as-yet-untitled project will follow “the story of the influential artist, king of funk, and fashion icon Sly Stone, a musician who was breaking all the rules at a time when doing so was extremely challenging, even dangerous. The pressure of explosive mainstream pop success and the responsibility of representing Black America forced him to walk the fine line of impossible expectations.”
    In a statement, Questlove said: “It goes beyond saying that Sly’s creative legacy is in my DNA… it’s a black musician’s blueprint… to be given the honor to explore his history and legacy is beyond a dream for me.”

Read More Here:
    Questlove Tapped to Direct New Sly Stone Documentary - Rolling Stone

This should be great. I really respect Questlove's knowledge of the music of that era. He has a great podcast that I listen to from time to time. I've enjoyed his interviews with The Emotions, Glynn Turman, Nile Rodgers and many of our other heroes in the field of entertainment.