[REMOVE ADS]

Introducing myself

Hi! I am a new member on this forum and just wanted to introduce myself. Born and raised in Sweden [[excuse my English) and have been a fan of soul music for more than 27 years now, starting when I was 13, you do the age math. Particularly fond of the Motown sound and Northern Soul. I really hope to join interesting discussions in here and maybe even meet some new friends.
    Best Regards,
    Atasteofhoney

Quote Originally Posted by Atasteofhoney View Post
    Hi! I am a new member on this forum and just wanted to introduce myself. Born and raised in Sweden [[excuse my English) and have been a fan of soul music for more than 27 years now, starting when I was 13, you do the age math. Particularly fond of the Motown sound and Northern Soul. I really hope to join interesting discussions in here and maybe even meet some new friends.
    Best Regards,
    Atasteofhoney
    We warmly welcome you to the best music site there is! Don't be shy, come on in and mingle. And your English is fine. By the way, love your poster name!
    Was the name of an all-female R&B/Funk band in the 70s, 80s.

Best Regards,
    Atasteofhoney
    Welcome to the forum!
    I hope you enjoy your time on here and manage to make some new friends.
    Very nice to meet you.

Best Regards,
    Atasteofhoney
    Welcome.

We’ll help you to Boogie Oogie Oogie.

What was the track that first told you that you liked Motown and soul?

[[I liked Motown and soul before I knew it, from the age of 12. The first soul record that I bought was “Don’t Know Why I Love You” by Stevie Wonder on U.K. Tamla Motown in 1969, when your were -11. I like lots of other music as well, but Motown has a special place in my heart. My forum name is borrowed from a company in the music industry that I worked for forty years ago.)

In a Mellow Mood

Quote Originally Posted by nativeNY63 View Post
    We warmly welcome you to the best music site there is! Don't be shy, come on in and mingle. And your English is fine. By the way, love your poster name!
    Was the name of an all-female R&B/Funk band in the 70s, 80s.
    The first thing I thought of was Eddie Kendricks singing my favorite version of "A Taste of Honey."

Thanks everyone for making me feel welcome in here! I actually took my nick name from the Supremes/Four Tops song.
    Regarding the first track that I heard that made me fell in love with Motown I quess it must have been something from the early Supremes. However, I remember being 13 or 14 and hearing the Miracles [[Come round here) I’m the one you need and it literally knocked me off my feet.

Atasteofhoney;

As everyone else is saying, welcome aboard and I hope you enjoy your time with us. It sounds as if you and I must have been introduced to Motown around the same time. In my case, I got transistor radios for Christmas in 1965, so my first big year of listening to music would have been 1966, and I IMMEDIATELY gravitated to the Motown sound.

I still believe that was the best year ever for Motown, so in addition to the Smokey song you mentioned, we had Don't Mess With Bill, Reach Out I'll Be There, What Becomes of the Brokenhearted, I'm Ready For Love, Heaven Must Have Sent You, and of course more Supremes songs than you count, since they were in their stride then. To this day I still holler out loud whenever anything from that era comes on the radio.

Hi Daviddesper! I was born in the eighties hence I discovered Motown around 93/94. When I was around 17 the Northern Soul scene was pretty big in Sweden. How I miss those days!

Hi Daviddesper! I was born in the eighties hence I discovered Motown around 93/94. When I was around 17 the Northern Soul scene was pretty big in Sweden. How I miss those days!
    Welcome Atasteofhoney,

Yes, vintage Motown has that effect. My parents had the 45 rpm single of The Supremes "Stoned Love" with the b-side of "He's My Sunny Boy." They had film of me dancing to that record at 2 years old. The music was seared into my consciousness. I didn't really develop my own musical taste until the 80s but that vintage Motown sound is timeless and it will always be with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    Welcome Atasteofhoney,

Yes, vintage Motown has that effect. My parents had the 45 rpm single of The Supremes "Stoned Love" with the b-side of "He's My Sunny Boy." They had film of me dancing to that record at 2 years old. The music was seared into my consciousness. I didn't really develop my own musical taste until the 80s but that vintage Motown sound is timeless and it will always be with me.
    We want to see the video!

But how could “Sunny Boy” be the b-side of “Stoned Love?” “Sunny Boy” was with Diane on lead from 1968 or so.

"Shine On Me" was the B-side of "Stoned Love".

Quote Originally Posted by Sotosound View Post
    "Shine On Me" was the B-side of "Stoned Love".
    OK. So for what Supremes hit was "Sunny Boy" the b-side? Was it "Someday We'll Be Together"? I only remember those 3 Supremes songs, and we didn't have many Supremes records because -- shockingly -- my mother was NOT impressed by Miss Diana Ross. And she bought most of the records.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    We want to see the video!
    Me too! It was transferred to VHS in the 90s but I don't know where it is.