[REMOVE ADS]

Philly Songwriting Legend Bruce Hawes has Passed

It was reported today that Philly songwriting legend Bruce Hawes has passed. He co-wrote many classic songs, including the Spinners' hits "Mighty Love", "Sadie" and "Games People Play". My own favorites include the Three Degrees' "Can't You See What You're Doing To Me", New York City's "Happiness Is", and "Let No Man Put Asunder" by First Choice.

Bruce always found time to answer questions about his songs and Philly music in general on Facebook. Do you have a favorite Bruce Hawes' composition?

Jim

Bruce Hawes RIP

How about this one :

Another interview at Https://www.soulexpress.net/deep6_2013.htm [[please scroll down a bit).

Truly sorry to hear about this. RIP Bruce Hawes.

Wasn't familiar with the name since I do not often notice who wrote a song, but if he wrote for Phyllis, he knew his stuff so he was alright by me!

Quote Originally Posted by heikki View Post
    Another interview at Https://www.soulexpress.net/deep6_2013.htm [[please scroll down a bit).
    Thanks Heikki. I ordered Bruce's book and look forward to reading it. Do you know anything about Gamble & Huff writing a book?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_june View Post
    Thanks Heikki. I ordered Bruce's book and look forward to reading it. Do you know anything about Gamble & Huff writing a book?
    Hi mr_june, I haven't heard about such project, but during the past three months I haven't been able to follow the music world too closely. That would be a really interesting book, wouldn't it?

Thanks and I agree. I remember them saying something about them saving stuff for their story. Time is running out! I also hope that you are doing OK.

Mr_June,

I'm doing fine. We just had a big renovation in our house and had to find another place to stay for 10 weeks, but now we're back. I'll try to find out about the book, but it may take some time.

Hi still, Mr_June,

I still haven't received an answer to my question about that Gamble & Huff book, but as a side product John Madara told about an exciting new movie project:

"A film called At The Hop is in the works. Kenny and Leon have a great history. Leon was with my company when they met.
    I wrote the story and will produce it in Philly. A real look at the greatest time in music! The fifties!"

Best regards
    Heikki