[REMOVE ADS]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Hello, the last Ross project I purchased was Surrender that I played to death and still do. Then for Xmas, my sis in law bought me FBP AND TMH and felt that the quality was better than much of her RCA output. I felt that Keep it Right There was fairly contemporary. I did like her version of Summertime. WO = Blah.
    Her 90's album were definitely of a stronger quality than her 80's albums both musically and production wise.

How did Take Me Higher do in the UK and Europe compared to Force Behind the Power? Was it just a slight drop in sales/popularity, or steeper? Theories as to why it wasn't as popular? Not as much promotion as Force? Or the songs just didn't connect with the fans and general audience like Force?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Her 90's album were definitely of a stronger quality than her 80's albums both musically and production wise.
    To be honest the huge UK success of FBTP took me very much by surprise. I wonder what it had that TMH didn’t?. It’s certainly more pop orientated then TMH, veering close to the vanilla at times.
    Perhaps the public felt Diana was a little old to be singing such songs as “Don’t Stop”, “If Your Not Gonna Love Me Right etc etc. Songs such as “One Shining Moment, And “When You Tell Me” would appeal to a larger cross section of ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    To be honest the huge UK success of FBTP took me very much by surprise. I wonder what it had that TMH didn’t?. It’s certainly more pop orientated then TMH, veering close to the vanilla at times.
    Perhaps the public felt Diana was a little old to be singing such songs as “Don’t Stop”, “If Your Not Gonna Love Me Right etc etc. Songs such as “One Shining Moment, And “When You Tell Me” would appeal to a larger cross section of ages.
    It had a lot to do with timing.
    She was based in the UK at the time, and said she would make herself available to promote the album.
    We informed the tv companies of her availability. She had already been booked to headline the Royal Variety Performance, and we added further tv spots. Radio 1 and radio 2 both loved wytmtylm and put it on their A playlist. It all fell into place nicely. The public loved the single, and lapped up the album. It was a wonderful time. Diana was blissfully happy and was for the most part a joy to be around. It was the perfect formula, and it worked a treat.

Why wasn't she happy around EDIAND? It's SUCH a great album and she sounds FANTASTIC! I only hate that the Carry On remix is on the album and not the original!

Also, she looks GORGEOUS in the booklet. My goodness, I love black lipstick on her.

Quote Originally Posted by JLoveLamar View Post
    Why wasn't she happy around EDIAND? It's SUCH a great album and she sounds FANTASTIC! I only hate that the Carry On remix is on the album and not the original!

Also, she looks GORGEOUS in the booklet. My goodness, I love black lipstick on her.
    She was attempting to deal with personal issues in her life.

She was attempting to deal with personal issues in her life.
    I gave the poster of this question an overview of Diana's struggles in this period a couple of weeks ago.. bluebrock has every right to not answer questions pertaining to miss Ross s private life

Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    I gave the poster of this question an overview of Diana's struggles in this period a couple of weeks ago.. bluebrock has every right to not answer questions pertaining to miss Ross s private life
    Nobody ever said he did. He always comments on things going on. If we get too personal with the questions, he can be vague, as above, and I'll take then hint and not press the issue. You are the one who replied. Not me.

As for your overview, I told yall I'm getting young. The woman made an album a year. I can't keep up with all of the eras and lines of time.

Quote Originally Posted by JLoveLamar View Post
    Nobody ever said he did. He always comments on things going on. If we get too personal with the questions, he can be vague, as above, and I'll take then hint and not press the issue. You are the one who replied. Not me.

As for your overview, I told yall I'm getting young. The woman made an album a year. I can't keep up with all of the eras and lines of time.
    As you were told by other posters over this you can just Google about Diana's struggles..I showed you respect by taking time to detail the situation..just because your probably younger than me is irrelevant..I treat everyone on this forum with respect..I like your energy about miss Ross..and your free to ask the same questions again if u like..this is a forum expect replies..peace

That's it - the quality of the production. Right off the bat I could tell the difference. Going to listen to FBP and TMH today .....been a longtime.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    That's it - the quality of the production. Right off the bat I could tell the difference. Going to listen to FBP and TMH today .....been a longtime.
    Enjoy my friend. Hope you are keeping well.

Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    As you were told by other posters over this you can just Google about Diana's struggles..I showed you respect by taking time to detail the situation..just because your probably younger than me is irrelevant..I treat everyone on this forum with respect..I like your energy about miss Ross..and your free to ask the same questions again if u like..this is a forum expect replies..peace
    And read about the struggles where? In Star? Us Weekly? No. I stay away from tabloids for a reason. I have no idea who these "sources say" are. There is someone in this forum who can connect the dots and who has no problem answering questions. If I have been disrespectful, Bluebrock can say so. I don't mind replies, but you said BB had every right not to answer me as if I hemmed him up against a wall with a knife to his throat. I did not press the situation at all. There was no response from me at all. You jumped the conga line for no reason. I'm just forgetful and am bad with the dates and years.