[REMOVE ADS]




Results 1 to 27 of 27
  1. #1

    I'm still in shock. Still.

    I just can not believe it. I just can't. I'm really having a hard time letting Mary go. I keep listening to "Don't Let My Teardrops Bother You". She was so special. I miss you Mary. I hope you Rest In Peace.

  2. #2
    I know what you mean. Yesterday, as she crossed my mind, my stomach plummeted on two separate occasions. Let's lift her memory, her loved ones and each other up.

  3. #3
    I have been listening to the early Supremes albums and the angelic harmonies. The vocals of Diana, Flo and Mary seem to be of a more romantic time.
    Did Mary Wilson receive the Covid vaccine?

  4. #4
    I think this is hard on us all.
    The Supremes are the soundtrack to our lives.
    None of us want to let them go but the music will live on.
    Bob Seger..neil diamond..barry manilow....peter frampton have all announced retirements.
    How many artists will come back from this. A few but honestly I doubt many.
    I think the covid pandemic has drawn the line in the sand.just my opinion.
    My sympathies to Mary's family.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    I think this is hard on us all.
    The Supremes are the soundtrack to our lives.
    None of us want to let them go but the music will live on.
    Bob Seger..neil diamond..barry manilow....peter frampton have all announced retirements.
    How many artists will come back from this. A few but honestly I doubt many.
    I think the covid pandemic has drawn the line in the sand.just my opinion.
    My sympathies to Mary's family.
    It's been a difficult week for sure.
    Diana is most unlikely to do any more major tours. She will perform the odd show here and there when it is safe to do so, but all indications point to a semi retirement, and i am in total agreement with her. Mary's passing has merely confirmed her intention to spend what time she has left with her loved ones. I hope she is with us for many more years, and we must treasure her whilst she is still with us.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by TNSUN View Post
    I have been listening to the early Supremes albums and the angelic harmonies. The vocals of Diana, Flo and Mary seem to be of a more romantic time.
    Did Mary Wilson receive the Covid vaccine?
    I do not know if Mary received the Covid vaccine, but Diana most certainly did in January.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    It's been a difficult week for sure.
    Diana is most unlikely to do any more major tours.
    I am resigned to the fact we won't see her back in the U.K. But I hope I don't have a fight getting my money back for the 02 show. Perhaps I should just email and see if I can get a refund.

  8. #8

    New Music

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    It's been a difficult week for sure.
    Diana is most unlikely to do any more major tours. She will perform the odd show here and there when it is safe to do so, but all indications point to a semi retirement, and i am in total agreement with her. Mary's passing has merely confirmed her intention to spend what time she has left with her loved ones. I hope she is with us for many more years, and we must treasure her whilst she is still with us.
    Do you think think Diana will release new music.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by DMV View Post
    Do you think think Diana will release new music.
    I do believe she will release a new album, but i have no idea as to when. Covid 19 obviously delayed things to the extent that pre booked studio time had to be cancelled which incurred costs to everyone involved. I am told it is not currently a priority, and that is all i know at the moment.

  10. #10
    Bluebrock

    It looks as Glastonbury was planned to tie in with a UK + tour.

    If as seems likely any further major tours are unlikely do you think she would consider Glastonbury as a one-off?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by lakedistrictlad1 View Post
    I am resigned to the fact we won't see her back in the U.K. But I hope I don't have a fight getting my money back for the 02 show. Perhaps I should just email and see if I can get a refund.
    I would take the first steps in trying to retrieve your money. They will probably play hard ball initially and claim the tour is not yet officially cancelled, but i was told before Christmas of it's impending cancellation. There is no way it will go ahead.
    I wish you the very best of luck.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    Bluebrock

    It looks as Glastonbury was planned to tie in with a UK + tour.

    If as seems likely any further major tours are unlikely do you think she would consider Glastonbury as a one-off?
    No i do not. Glastonbury is unlikely to go ahead for the next few years. She will not even consider doing any form of live work until the pandemic has been controlled. She is adament about that. Nothing will change her mind. Sorry Florence.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by lakedistrictlad1 View Post
    I am resigned to the fact we won't see her back in the U.K. But I hope I don't have a fight getting my money back for the 02 show. Perhaps I should just email and see if I can get a refund.
    I would take the first steps in trying to retrieve your money. They will probably play hard ball initially and claim the tour is not yet officially cancelled, but i was told before Christmas of it's impending cancellation. There is no way it will go ahead.
    I wish you the very best of luck.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I would take the first steps in trying to retrieve your money. They will probably play hard ball initially and claim the tour is not yet officially cancelled, but i was told before Christmas of it's impending cancellation. There is no way it will go ahead.
    I wish you the very best of luck.
    Not sure why this response has posted twice, but i guess twice is better than none at all. Gremlins are at work!

  15. #15
    Bluerock, clearly the forum demons are angry with you. Just sacrifice a bag of cheese doodles tonight at midnight and they will stop their shenanigans!

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyC View Post
    Bluerock, clearly the forum demons are angry with you. Just sacrifice a bag of cheese doodles tonight at midnight and they will stop their shenanigans!
    Ha ha. I think i shall try that Bobby.
    My phone appears to have taken on a life of it's own. My daughter in Sydney informed me that the message i sent to her this morning was received twice, yet i only sent it once. There is definitely something in the air.....

  17. #17
    My new "smart" TV comes on for no apparent reason when I am no where near the remote. It's eerie. I think I got a dumb TV.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyC View Post
    My new "smart" TV comes on for no apparent reason when I am no where near the remote. It's eerie. I think I got a dumb TV.
    It's probably Alien's preparing to invade us! If they have the power to eradicate Covid 19 then i will lay out the welcome mat!

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    There is definitely something in the air.....
    like alcohol...

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    like alcohol...
    Sadly it cannot be such a simple explanation. I barely touch the stuff. Definitely something less plausable behind these strange goings on....

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    It's been a difficult week for sure.
    Diana is most unlikely to do any more major tours. She will perform the odd show here and there when it is safe to do so, but all indications point to a semi retirement, and i am in total agreement with her. Mary's passing has merely confirmed her intention to spend what time she has left with her loved ones. I hope she is with us for many more years, and we must treasure her whilst she is still with us.
    Bluebrock, why is it unlikely?

    Diana was doing extremely well until the pandemic. Her voice was on point. She was fit and beautiful. She had sold out dates overseas and was doing very well in her national tours.

    If the pandemic is controlled, why she'd stop completely? Why can't she do the UK concert dates in 2022? She can take care of herself and be in shape for those dates next year. What big difference it would make between july 2020 and july 2022?

    Let her retire after 2024, when she is 80!
    Last edited by Nitro2015; 02-17-2021 at 01:48 AM.

  22. #22
    Im fearful that 80 number answered the question

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro2015 View Post
    Bluebrock, why is it unlikely?

    Diana was doing extremely well until the pandemic. Her voice was on point. She was fit and beautiful. She had sold out dates overseas and was doing very well in her national tours.

    If the pandemic is controlled, why she'd stop completely? Why can't she do the UK concert dates in 2022? She can take care of herself and be in shape for those dates next year. What big difference it would make between july 2020 and july 2022?

    Let her retire after 2024, when she is 80!
    With each advancing year comes additional health problems whether they be just aches and pains or something more serious. I was secretly relieved when the dates for 2020 were postponed/cancelled. I was greatly concerned when extra dates were being added to an already punishing schedule. It was just too much for a lady of her advancing years. If she does decide to proceed with the dates in 2022 they will be scaled down considerably.

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I’m fearful that “80” number answered the question
    Yes indeed Rob. Yes indeed.

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    With each advancing year comes additional health problems whether they be just aches and pains or something more serious. I was secretly relieved when the dates for 2020 were postponed/cancelled. I was greatly concerned when extra dates were being added to an already punishing schedule. It was just too much for a lady of her advancing years. If she does decide to proceed with the dates in 2022 they will be scaled down considerably.
    To me that’s good news Mr B. It sounded a ridiculously punishing schedule for an entertainer in her seventies. I kept equating this vast run of concerts with Mr Jacksons final tour which had me worried. I wonder what her family made of it all?. Surely there were reasons to be concerned.

  26. #26
    I almost feel like in a way the pandemic was a blessing in disguise for Mary and Diana. It gave the two very busy women a chance to just chill out and breathe. Especially for Mary, its nice to know that she didn't spend the last year of her life constantly working.

    I'll be the first to admit, I cracked jokes here and there about Mary on here but one can't deny just how loved she was. And not just by the fans but by her peers as well.

  27. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    With each advancing year comes additional health problems whether they be just aches and pains or something more serious. I was secretly relieved when the dates for 2020 were postponed/cancelled. I was greatly concerned when extra dates were being added to an already punishing schedule. It was just too much for a lady of her advancing years. If she does decide to proceed with the dates in 2022 they will be scaled down considerably.

    Thank you dear Bluebrock.

    Diana still looks so good that it's easy to forget her real age and what comes with it. However, I do hope she still works until 2024. I feel she still has some years of work ahead of her. I say that because she was sparkling in recent performances. She seems reinvigorated in recent years. And her voice still sounds so good. It's hard to believe she'd stop while she still looks and sounds so good. I hope she continues at least until she is 80. Or, at least, that she does her farewell tour in UK/Europe, a place that always treated her with the respect and success that she deserves. But I can understand what you say.
    Last edited by Nitro2015; 02-17-2021 at 10:13 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.