[REMOVE ADS]

The Supremes in Harmony

Diana Ross , Florence Ballard, and Mary Wilson gave us great songs of trio group harmony.
    My top 3 are harmonic gems are:
    "Ask Any Girl"
    "I'm So Glad, Heartaches Don't Last Always"
    "Whisper You Love Me Boy"

Who Could Ever Doubt My Love
    Ooowee Baby
    Mr. Blues

backing Mary Wells on "My Heart is Like a Clock", then their records "Time Changes Things", "Let Me Go The Right Way" & "You Bring Back Memories".

I liked the whole C &W album for that very reason, the intricate vocal harmonies. And I'm not even a C&W fan

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyC View Post
    I liked the whole C &W album for that very reason, the intricate vocal harmonies. And I'm not even a C&W fan
    There really wasn’t much “county/western” about the album other than some of the songs selected and the addition of some pedal steel, but I agree, those harmonies were wonderful, even if Andantes were added to pad out the sound. They were miked down appropriately so the actual Supremes’ harmonies were out in front. Clarence Paul’s production was pretty sophisticated, but of course nothing on the album really reflected the evolving Motown sound. Still, the collection remains my favorite of the themed albums, followed closely by the Sam Cooke album.

Mister sandman
    Around the world in 80 days
    Standing at the crossroads

"Sleep Walk"