[REMOVE ADS]

And Justice for All

Hello. Some may say that, in moments of grief, this is not the time to talk about this, and I am sorry if they think so, but I believe this is the right place to reflect on something I do not like. With the death of Mary Wilson, it has become obvious that The Supremes' separation from the general chat has only contributed to less attention to any member of the trio other than Ms. Diana Ross. Under the title DRATS, everything related to the members of the trio must go under the umbrella of Ms. Ross, with this warning: "Any DRATS threads created in any other forum will be moved here."

Not only the period of the trio under the name "Diana Ross and The Supremes" was, for me, the worst of the group's career, since it was a practically individualistic phase that led to the launching of Ms. Ross' solo career, thanks to all the attention and care with which she was groomed for it, but, in my humble opinion, it is offensive to have to compulsorily write about Jean Terrell, Susaye Greene, Scherrie Payne or Lynda Laurence [[who were never DRATS) in that section, even if I want, f.e., to applaud a new album by Susaye.

Peace and rest to Mary Wilson's soul [[and Florence's and Barbara's), and my best wishes for Diana, Cindy, Jean, Lynda, Scherrie and Susaye to be in good health and blessed by the Lord... even if this message is unjustly moved to "The Rats" section.

On the contrary , within the DRATS forum, those artists you mention have a far greater platform for fans to discuss, comment, debate or drool over them than being lost in the other forums.
    A thread on Susaye Greene or Scherrie Payne would sink without trace in the Motown Forum, whereas they would receive more attention in the Diana Ross and THE SUPREMES section.

The DRATS forum nomenclature isn't meant quite so literally. Perhaps it should be called "The Diana Ross/Supremes Subforum" or "Supremes/Diana Ross Subforum" so as to avoid misunderstandings.

There never should have been a separate DRATS form; it grew out of trouble-making members, served no real purpose then and does not do so now.

My impression was that the DRATS forum developed just because they received so much attention on the board that it seemed logical to give them their own space. Furthermore I took it to be the place where Diana or ANY incarnation of the Supremes could be discussed and that there was never any intent to show favoritism or priority. However, the fact that Diana still actively has a career makes it only that much more logical that she would come up for discussion more often.

Those of you who have been around here for a while will remember the relentless bickering that went on in all of the forums regarding the Supremes. I got sick of dealing with it and formed the DRATS forum. The acronym was not of my making but was already being used at certain postings.

The irony is, at the time of formation, I told the members that they could fight all the want on that forum. I will stay out of any squabbles. The forum remains peaceful and interesting. Go figure....

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Those of you who have been around here for a while will remember the relentless bickering that went on in all of the forums regarding the Supremes. I got sick of dealing with it and formed the DRATS forum. The acronym was not of my making but was already being used at certain postings.
    I recall well, Ralph, and regret that upon re-reading my post if you felt it was meant negatively towards you; it certainly wasn't. I actually meant to support your decision to break away the sub-forum while thinking at the same time that it should have not been necessary. Hope you are well and thanking you again for your stewardship of Soulful Detroit.

I totally understand P&H.