[REMOVE ADS]

Marvelettes Please Mr. Postman question on authenticity of eBay item.

In my eBay feed, I got a listing for a white [not colored] picture sleeve for sale which was intended for Please Mr. Postman, Tamla 54056. It is different in the normal issuance of Motown picture sleeves as the back side of it is blank. I question it's authenticity. Was this issued or is this simply a reproduction made to make a fast dollar. It is listed for $29.95 apparently for the picture sleeve only. See this listing.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Marvele...4383.l4275.c10

CORRECTION: Release number is Tamla 54046. Thanks Graham, typographical error.
    Last edited by woodward; 02-11-2021 at 09:57 AM.

My original 45 was in a plain brown sleeve, I do remember later pressings of the 45 with white picture sleeve but the back wasn't plain & it also listed "So Long Baby " on the front, too.

Tamla 54056 is the Downbeats 45, think a typo, Marvelettes Tamla 54046.
    It may be that some were printed one sided, but never seen one? One sided & the glue stains on the back would put me off.

The original picture sleeve is just printed Black & White, however the "B Side" of the picture sleeve is not plain see attached. The Picture Sleeve front as regards the B Side "So Long Baby" I have not yet seen one printed with it. "Only Please Mr Postman". If you want to see the Front of the P/S see the attached link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIvczlUcpwY

I would ask for your money back! it seemed cheap anyway.

Attachment 18655
    Last edited by Graham Jarvis; 02-11-2021 at 08:40 AM.