[REMOVE ADS]

Tina Turner Documentary Headed to HBO

A new documentary about Tina Turner, Tina, will premiere on HBO on March 27th at 8 p.m. ET.
    Directed by Dan Lindsay and T.J. Martin, Tina is described in a release as “a revealing and intimate look at the life and career of musical icon Tina Turner, charting her improbable rise to early fame, her personal and professional struggles throughout her life, and her even more improbable resurgence as a global phenomenon in the Eighties.”

The film will feature a new interview with Turner, conducted at her home in Zurich, Switzerland. It will also include interviews with Angela Bassett, Oprah Winfrey, journalist Kurt Loder [[who co-wrote Turner’s 1986 autobiography, I, Tina), playwright Katori Hall [[who wrote the biographical musical Tina), and Turner’s husband and former record executive, Erwin Bach.

Accompanying the interviews will be an array of archival material from the past 60 years, including never-before-seen footage, audiotapes, and personal photos.

The documentary announcement comes on the same day, February 10th, that Turner was nominated as a solo artist for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame’s class of 2021. Turner was previously inducted into the Rock Hall with Ike Turner in 1991.

Thanks Motown Eddie! Wish I had HBO to see the documentary on this. I remember Tina's rise in the 80's. Amazing times for her. Hope it's successful.

Tina's story has been told many, many times. Her own involvement will most likely yield 50/50 odds [[Unseen photos? Great. The real truth? ... gotta go). BUT I've been a fan since seeing the Revue on that awful Hugh Hefner variety series very late on a Saturday night in 1969 so I'll give it a look. Best to you, Tina - be well. You are at the top of the top of the best and always have been. Sui generis, girl!

Tina!!!! It will be amazing. I think Tina's story has many complexities so it will always be interesting if done right.