[REMOVE ADS]

Great article, and a great tribute. I cannot believe she's gone. I agree with Lamont - I thought she'd live to be 100. She was one of the great success stories of rock and roll, had been through it all, and had come out of it a champion. Damnit, what a devastating loss.

I know what you mean. I keep thinking a brand new Mary Wilson vid will come into my Facebook feed but now I know that isn't going to happen anymore. I am having a few drinks and looking at old clips. I feel like I lost a family member. So sad

I've been doing the same. I've spun several Supremes records today and then played various video clips. Mary was glamorous in the most truthful way and it showed, even when she was in the background. It's amazing that as big as she got and how important she is in history and in the development of music and Civil Rights, she was always, always so approachable. I think that's why it feels like a family member has been lost, and why it hurts particularly bad. She has somehow remained so humble and gracious to her fans after all of these years.

Agreed. Mary was and is loved

Supremes’ Greatest hits reached number 1 today on Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    Supremes’ Greatest hits reached number 1 today on Amazon.
    It's kind of sad that upon the deaths of many artists they become more appreciated and sell more music, I think as much as increased sales is a form of tribute I just wish Mary could've seen this.