[REMOVE ADS]

"He's the Wizard" Diana Ross

The more and more I listen to this, I love it. Now I may be insane for this thought but I really do believe with some changes this may have been a hit for her. Hear me out:

1) Change the opening from all that giggling and disbelief that Dorothy don't know who the wizard is, to Diana talking to a girlfriend about a dude she refers to as "The Wizard".

2) All the talk of super powers and wizardry stuff becomes euphemisms of a more sexual nature.

3) Tighten up the track a bit.

4) Diana's delivery less "in character" play and more sexy playful.

Wild thought?

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    The more and more I listen to this, I love it. Now I may be insane for this thought but I really do believe with some changes this may have been a hit for her. Hear me out:
    I would never call you insane Ran. Having said that......
    No. I don’t think any tightening up of this track would a hit make. It’s just not a commercial enough song and the lyrics would have limited appeal.
    In its existing form i find it intensely irritating, with Diana’s relentless OTT vocal characterisations both irritating and exhausting in turn. “Wonder Wonder Why” is the star of the album for me.

“My Baby Must Be a Wizard?”

Thelma Carpenter's "He's The Wizard" is perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    Thelma Carpenter's "He's The Wizard" is perfection.
    I agree Guy. It was rather good.

I enjoy this whole Diana Ross project as busy as she was. Wasn't she also working with Richard Perry on the "Baby It's Me" album during this same period? What was the strategy in taking the time to record these songs from the Wiz as solos?