[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mary Wilson Has Passed

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/uk.sport...065508593.html

She appears to have passed away

I was so stunned I posted in the wrong Forum

Wow just wow. R.I.P.

O..M..G...R.I.P Mary ...im lost for words.

It does appear to be true. So many sources reporting on it. Very sad news. I hope her transition was peaceful and painless. May she r.i.p.

I am absolutely shocked and stunned by this news. Mary like Diana has been a part of my life for so long that i can hardly believe it. She looked and sounded so well. Full of her usual vigour and enthusiasm for life. I have tears in my eyes as i am typing this such is my disbelief.
    I guess we will learn more about about the cause over the next few days.
    God bless her.

I just came from twitter after hearing the news, i'm sad as hell about this! May she rest in peace.

Big story in the London Daily Mail

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...Las-Vegas.html

Stunned. Sad news indeed.

Just switched on Five Live - the UK's keading new/sports radio channel and thought "why on earth are they playing You Can't Hurry Love - then the announcement at the end.

It's the headliner on the news bulletins.

R.I.P. Mary

I'm beyond shocked to hear this is true. I was just on the vimeo/phone with Mary a couple of days ago and she looked so fantastic. We were talking about her memories of being on the Murray The K show, her books, her new cd, her new book she was going to write, and she even sang a little of my favorite Supremes song, "Everything Is Good About You".

So alive - looked so amazing - we talked for almost two hours on this interview and her excitement of being 77 and the 60th for The Supremes. She was a very good friend and host for me in all my tv efforts over the years - this is so sad...there's no words.

[QUOTE=jobeterob;607076]https://www.google.ca/amp/s/uk.sport...065508593.html

I’m genuinely saddened by this news . I adored Mary Wilson.

I was lucky to meet and hang out with her many, many times since the early 80s . She was always so much fun and such good company .

Berry Gordy’s statement is lovely.

RIP you supreme lady . Reunited with Flo. Xx

Such sad news, I am in shock. Rest in peace Mary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDuX30aG5hQ&t=8s

I saw Mary many times in concert - almost every time she toured the UK I went to see her.

It's awfully sad to learn this news, and I agree Berry's comments were lovely to hear.

All I keep singing now is Mary's beautiful song "You danced my heart around the stars". Mary will truly be dancing, singing and entertaining those in the afterworld.

Shocked .... RIP Mary
    Last edited by Circa 1824; 02-09-2021 at 09:26 AM.

Very shocked and sad! RIP Mary. I did not believe it when someone told me this morning. She was only on Youtube a few days ago.

Still can’t believe it’s true. Of all the things to wake up and see. I do like how CNN showed her with the [[almost) first group and the last. https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/09/enter...ath/index.html
    Still totally stunned.

Stunned this morning.shocked.
    Apparently she passed in her sleep .
    She is with her son and flo.
    Sympathies

Such sad news. No other words to say
    Last edited by supremesouluk2; 02-09-2021 at 07:50 AM. Reason: updated post

I don't even believe this.

I am so sad to hear this. Saddened and shocked. May she rest in peace x

This is not something I wanted to wake up to and thought it was a joke.

I'm still in shock and disbelief about it. Rest in peace Mary. The sexy one.

The last video she posted on YouTube, she sounded like she was sick.

A friend of mine just called with the news. Very sad day. RIP

This sad new woke me up at 3 am when I received a text from a friend telling me. I couldn't-t believe it was true and had to google to see if the news was reliable or fake news.

Such sad news. Sympathy to her family, friends, fans and Supreme fans

it's all over the news here in the Netherlands

Name:  nos.jpg
Views: 1225
Size:  98.2 KB

A friend texted me the sad news this morning....I think I'm still shocked, I have no words. I had commented on her latest Youtube video last night, never thinking I would awake to this. Miss Mary will never be forgotten, the Supremes' legacy will go on, rest assured.
    Darin

This doesn't seem real, but... apparently it is. Ugh...so sad. RIP, Mary.

So sad indeed.

RIP Mary Wilson

How very unexpected and how very sad. This is bringing to mind the same thoughts I had when John Lennon passed, that now there’s absolutely no chance of a reunion at any time in the future. She was a great lady who kept the legacy of The Supremes alive all these years.

I also thought of Marvin Davis and indeed, it is sadly ironic that they passed close to each other in time.

Like so many of you are saying, it is the suddenness of this that makes it so shocking. She had always seemed so young and vibrant. If we can take any consolation out of this, it is the fact that she apparently died peacefully without major suffering. So much great music over the years......

terribly sad and she'll be missed so very much

i take heart in knowing though that little girls of color everywhere will forever be able to see those amazing clips of the young Supremes and know they too can aspire to their own version of greatness.

I am so sorry, everybody. I am trying to wrap my head around this

I am in total disbelief. Mary was such a vibrant woman, and she always seemed to be doing something new and exciting. Our world has truly lost an icon. I am sending prayers to all her family, fans, and friends. May she rest in the arms of the Lord.

I'm shocked.

I actually can't believe it.

The keeper of the Supremes' flame has passed on.

This is shocking. Name:  LaughlinMary 115.jpg
Views: 1546
Size:  47.4 KB

I’m watching the View and Whoopi did the Black History FYI on Mary . Very touching

i just watched it too. Very nice. Whoopee said that Mary was a friend and will miss her

Mary will always be 'Supreme'...RIP

I’ve just heard the news on the French radio. I’m so shocked, I’m speechless. It's very very sad.

May she rest in peace.

Heavy heavy day.....

She announced on youtube her 1979 solo album was being released for her b day March 6 with bonus tracks

Though I did not know her, I had a chance to meet her in 2003 here in Michigan at the Allegan County Fair. What a show it was. Got an autograph that I unfortunately lost and shook hands with her. She had the most beautiful layered blue/purple silk looking dress on. She was simply stunning and didnt seem to age one bit. When I heard the news last night when I got home from work my heart just sank and then for someone reason my heart started racing like someone who just got caught doing something wrong. I jsut didnt want to believe it and almost still can't. This one apparently hits hard for me. I have been a Supremes fan now for about 32 years. My first LP was an original copy of More Hits by The Supremes my step dad brought home along with other records that someone had given him. I believe the record was in mono. If its true that her 1979 solo album will or was supposed to be released in March then I think it would be very fitting for this to finally see the light of day on CD. R.I.P. Mary Wilson the sexy Supreme. You will be greatly missed. Your legend will live on.

Rest in Paradise Supreme Lady Miss Mary Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by aarondillon2011@gmail.com View Post
    Though I did not know her, I had a chance to meet her in 2003 here in Michigan at the Allegan County Fair. What a show it was. Got an autograph that I unfortunately lost and shook hands with her. She had the most beautiful layered blue/purple silk looking dress on. She was simply stunning and didnt seem to age one bit. When I heard the news last night when I got home from work my heart just sank and then for someone reason my heart started racing like someone who just got caught doing something wrong. I jsut didnt want to believe it and almost still can't. This one apparently hits hard for me. I have been a Supremes fan now for about 32 years. My first LP was an original copy of More Hits by The Supremes my step dad brought home along with other records that someone had given him. I believe the record was in mono. If its true that her 1979 solo album will or was supposed to be released in March then I think it would be very fitting for this to finally see the light of day on CD. R.I.P. Mary Wilson the sexy Supreme. You will be greatly missed. Your legend will live on.
    Its funny you mention the heart racing. I woke up in the middle of the night last night feeling really anxious out of nowhere and couldn't figure out what it was.

Dear Lord,what a shock. A light has gone out in our house and it feels dark right now. Isaw Mary several times performing in UK and US, once at close quarters at acorporate performance. That lady had astounding stage presence. And such awarm, positive, vibrant personality. Others here have expressed it better butMary was always upbeat and inspirational. She will continue to inspire me. Evenwalking up the street to the BBC for a radio interview she was ever thegracious, fan-friendly star. And as BG is saying, Mary IS “quite a star”. LikeMartha & others she never failed to promote Motown. And her legacyis not only the music and performances for her fans worldwide [[lots of coverageacross Europe tonight) but also her successful campaigning for colleagues inthe industry. Oh Mary, thank you, we’ll never forget you. Rest in peace.

Scherrie Susaye Former Supremes
    14m · Square ·
    Mary Wilson Dared To Dream, and her dream was realized. She will always be remembered as one-third of one of the most outstanding, iconic, female groups of the 20th Century. Her name is synonymous with the group that she helped to frame, to become a world renown sensation. Mary Wilson was one of a kind….truly a Supreme…Supreme!
    To Mary’s family
    My sincere deep condolences to all of you. Mary was my Supreme Sister. Keep her close in your heart and minds, and her legacy will live on forever.
    In Heartfelt Sympathy,
    Lynda Laurence
    of The Supremes

Mary reported in her youtube ch her solo lp 1979 is being released with bonus for her b day

A class act. her boundless energy for the legacy of The Supremes was amasing.. life didnt always deal a good hand to her but she kept going always positive with that wide dazzling smile..she was part of one of the most successful musical acts of all time and thankfully so much of her legacy is recorded on vinyl,cds and video...bless you beautiful lady..xx

I was so fortunate to have met Mary so many times. She was alway happy to see me and gave me much time whenever circumstances permitted. She’ll be missed in so many ways by so many folks, myself not least among them.
    Name:  almary.jpg
Views: 1047
Size:  58.0 KB