[REMOVE ADS]

Mary's cause of death revealed

The County coroner revealed to the Detroit Free Press that Mary died of hypertensive atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease. She had dealt with high blood pressure for years.

Ironically Flo suffered the same disease. Both ladies died in the month of February.

Like most of you I am still reeling from this totally unexpected event. I feel like someone in my immediate family has passed. Having done two network shows and one local news show with Mary, she was always gracious and had so much energy. Yet, there was a vulnerability to Mary. I would have to say for someone who hit the highest of highs only to be banished to the lowest of lows she had a real fighters morale. Living in someone's shadow for over 50 years had to be difficult. But she did it gracefully.

I am happy to see all the accolades she is receiving following her passing.

RIP Mary

So sad. Heart disease is the silent killer of women. Mary always appeared to be in such good shape physically. I would have guessed she had at least another decade of vibrant, good quality life.