[REMOVE ADS]

We GLOVE the Supremes!

An observation: isn't it funny how the general public seems to always associate the Supremes with wearing long gloves? Anytime you see a tribute, or see a "costume" connected with the group, it inevitably includes a pair of gloves [[and often a tacky boa, lol).

I can only think of one instance, their appearance on the HOLLWOOD PALACE performing "STOP", where they wore gloves. Any others?

Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just me?

in an early interview, Diana told the journalist that they try to keep their image simply and classy. a string of pearls and gloves or bows. so there might have been some early gigs where they wore gloves

but i would assume gloves would be cumbersome. if you're trying to hold a mic and the cord. if they're long gloves theyd be hot. plus they'd make this big old white streak of fabric and be a bit too glaring. especially as they started get wear more elegant gowns. sure you could dye them to match but seems too much.

just thought of another thing

in the early 60s, hats and gloves were still mandatory for proper young ladies. by the mid years of the decade though, younger girls were ditching them. sure some old dowager of an Aunt might insist or during Sorority rush a conservative momma trying to ensure her daughter gets a bid to the most exclusive house lolol. but in terms of personal fashion, they were falling out as here hats [[once Jackie was out of the white house)