[REMOVE ADS]

The Supremes and The Temptations - I'm Gonna Make You Love Me [Valley Forge/1972

The Tempts sound good here. But no one can beat the Eddie/Diana combo. I wonder if there is any live appearance with Diana and Eddie in the vaults.

It is Diana and Eddie or nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    The Tempts sound good here. But no one can beat the Eddie/Diana combo. I wonder if there is any live appearance with Diana and Eddie in the vaults.
    Probably not. If so, it might have ended up on the JOINED TOGETHER cd.

I don't think DMC and the guys ever sang together in concert, although Cindy said that there were times they would arrive at a venue to find that they were double-billed.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Probably not. If so, it might have ended up on the JOINED TOGETHER cd.

I don't think DMC and the guys ever sang together in concert, although Cindy said that there were times they would arrive at a venue to find that they were double-billed.
    Dumb move of Motown not to give the world at least one televised performance of the groups doing this one. I would've thought they would manage to work it into GIT but apparently not.

GIT was a big let down...I would have loved TCB 2.

I once had a cassette with this, and Rhythm of Life [[?) from this gig...long gone!

Jean Sherrie and Lynda recorded IGMYLM for Motorcity with The Originals...although Jean is a bit piercing and shrill in her parts, it beats this mess by a long shot...the duet BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND is one of Ian Levine's best productions [[esp. the 12" mix). It should have had more exposure...it could have been the labels reunion project break though success.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Dumb move of Motown not to give the world at least one televised performance of the groups doing this one. I would've thought they would manage to work it into GIT but apparently not.
    agreed - motown was often SO GOOD at tying tv appearances to releases. but seems they got lazy later in the decade. If they had done a tv appearance, i have little doubt in my mind that it would have pushed to #1

same with Reflections. I'm assuming that the whole Flo fiasco is part of the reason why there were no tv appearances between Tonight Show in May and 9/26/67 Hollywood Palace [[which was Cindy's tv debut).