[REMOVE ADS]

[RARE] The Jackson 5 - Darling Dear [ Studio Rehearsal Take)

The Jackson 5 in the studio sounding like they don't quite know what they're doing, not
    really holding their harmonies together and Michael though in fine voice, still a little sloppy
    with his phrasing....The catch of the day! I love it. More like this, please.....

Excellent post. I don't know how far in the process they were in learning this song. With all of the 'mistakes', I still hear excellent talent. Thank you for sharing this.

Turned out fine in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    Turned out fine in the end.
    Yes, it sure did. Don't misunderstand me, I wasn't posting my comments as a insult. I
    just never have been of the belief that artist that achieve greatness just come out of the
    box superstars. Ever hear the earliest recordings of Sly Stone? He wasn't exactly killing it. There were witnesses to James Brown practicing dancing with a microphone moves
    he largely stole from Joe Tex who were in stitches seeing him clock himself before he got it down. I just love that behind the scenes stuff. The humanity, the struggle before the
    hype, earned or not...

Appears to me just to be some young kids being taught harmonies to a chromatically difficult song... I know that the more experienced groups like The Tempts, Tops, Supremes, etc didn't represent a finished product when learning a song and needed to work out the parts... Even Michael stumbled on the lyric a bit...The only thing that counts is the finished product... This particular song, not my favorite J-5 effort, as the song seems to wander at points IMO, however, the bass line is one of Jamerson's classics...
    Last edited by StuBass1; 02-08-2021 at 01:46 PM.